Orcs Must Die 2

http://www.robotentertainment.com/games/omd2

July 30th release date. I absolutely loved the first game so this is a day 1 purchase for me. They even added co-op this time.

I’m obviously biased but having played a bunch of the co-op… it’s really fun. :)

Even more than I expected when we were first talking about putting it in the game, honestly.

I must say that the first Orcs must Die was truly one of the best steam sale bargains ever. 3ish bucks for so many hours of fun was a truly fantastic deal.

I am SO in on day one as well, and that’s rare for my cheapassednesslyish self. The first was so much fun, blowing right past my Dungeon Defender experience.

Glad to see we’re finally getting COOP! :)

Endless Mode announced!

In this new game mode, players will fight off an all-out assault from never ending waves of enemies that get more difficult the longer they’re held at bay. Playable in single-player or co-op, Endless Mode features five campaign levels, five completely original levels, and countless hours of intense rift-defending!

Players begin each Endless level with a starter allowance, and they’ll rely on clever trap placement and expert combat skills to earn more trap money and hold back the mob as long as possible. Every five waves, a golden-armored Ogre affectionately named Mr. Moneybags will rumble through the level. Players who manage to kill Mr. Moneybags before he escapes the level will be handsomely rewarded with more money for traps. Endless mode features all of the same performance and bonus skull unlocks that are found in the campaign levels. This makes Endless Mode an exciting new option for players to earn precious skulls for upgrading their traps, spells, weapons, and guardians.

Treasure Ogres!

It’s always been better than dungeon defenders except on content.

Cynical Brit co-op run through.

I like that they included the ability to see what your partner is going to build. Definitely excited for this… pre-order price on Steam right now is $13.50

I’m excited for this now. Just finished a playthrough of the first one. That last map was a doozy.

Pre-ordered and sent a copy to a coworker buddy. He’s primarily a PS3 gamer, but now that he’s on Steam we’ll see how long his console-lovin’ ways persist.

Our demo of OMD2 is live on Steam now!

Also for you console lovers there is gamepad support (though you still have to use the mouse for menu navigation).

Sweeeeet, does it include multiplayer?

OK, multiplayer is in the demo, with the first 2 levels available.

Kinda sad to see headshots go, though.

What!? The sequel is PC-only, yet they remove the bonus for being accurate!? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

Still pumped for this Monday and have it all preordered and ready. Hoping I’m able to play on LAN with one copy, since I bet my TV computer has enough grunt for it.

Crossbow headshots are still in.

You just don’t start with the Crossbow anymore. Now you can use a variety of weapons. If you want OMD1 gameplay, you can unlock the Crossbow pretty early.

All is well with the world then. Damn you for worrying me Pogo!

Whoops, yeah I had no idea, that’s cool.

How viable is completing a level without the crossbow?