Out of the Park Baseball 20 - Make your team Perfecter!

I noticed that 91 OVR Hank Aaron had sold for 100k - I’ve had that card a while and he’s the RF on my Motown team (to be honest he’s my favorite on the team!). I guess because it’s a key card in one of the Braves Collections. So I put it up with no buyout for 99,999 and it got a bid in less than an hour, so… I guess I’m looking for a new right fielder!

My gold team in 19 won their wildcard game, after qualifying with a 81-82 record, then lost the division series 3-2.

In Perfect league, the Lagers made the WS. Looking for my first Perfect trophy. Currently down 0-1.

My perfect team seems to do just well enough to avoid relegation so that they can get beat on again in perfect.

My Senators team won the Bronze world series… woohoo!

A sweep! Congrats on the win.

And… I got swept in the WS. Bah!

That sucks, but I’d say just making it there is quite an accomplishment. There are some crazy teams in perfect.

I won 75 games in perfect, so no playoffs for me. My players earned no individual accolades, either. I thought my Boggs might get a great bat at 1B, but he was edged out by Freddie Freeman.

One division in the other conference had a 116-win team, a 110-win team, and a 109-win team. The “worst” of the three won the wild-card game, beat the 116-win team 3-1 in the division series, then went on to win the whole shebang.

I think it was last season I had a team that had won perfect 8 times, and another that had won it 13 times in my league. I’ve had one season where I came close to the playoffs in Perfect. All the other seasons it has been a fight to avoid relegation.

So that 91 OVR Hank Aaron I listed on the AH… the one I listed for 100k with no buyout… it just sold for 175k! Guess I’m going to go shopping for a few new players. Got a hole in right field I need to fill. :D

He a great first season after moving up to Diamond. I had a slow start due to not adjusting my rotation back to 5-man from the 4-man of the previous playoffs. But then I crept up on my division leader for the rest of the season. I ended up behind him by a single game but had the WC lead by 10 games. Won the WC then beat my divisional rival in the playoffs. Won the league championship 4-2 and was on to the World Series. But my new job means I have to get up super early so I don’t know how I did in the WS and won’t know til I get home this evening. Even if I lost I had a great season and got promoted. Good times.

Whoohoo! I did win my Diamond League! Finally got something for my trophy case.

Wow. Congrats!

Thanks! I’m still purchasing players for the windfall I received (after commission it was around 160k). After debating a while on what I should do, I decided to get a few players that I’d never be able to afford, so I got a new SP (100 OVR Gooden) a new 3B (97 OVR Boggs) and a third player to be named (once I find him on the AH).

In other news, Leesburg, my packs-only team, which started terribly (something like 9-17) has had two stellar months and is now over .500. They’re in 4th place in their division because it’s strong. They had a notable game where they won 26-7 and generated around 9700 PP! Frank Robinson had 10 RBI for half of that total.

Annandale, my defense team, won 8 in a row. They lost one, then won 9 in a row. So they had a pretty good month. This year they are turning out to be greater than the sum of their parts; when I look at them, I don’t see any real standouts (and in fact, our only all-star vote getters are one SP and one RP). But nevertheless, they just win. The only recent change was the addition of 91 OVR Kenny Lofton to the mix in RF. I guess I need to give him a big raise!

Got a couple of teams in the playoffs.

• Annandale’s first year in Diamond started super strong but faded badly in the stretch to get a wildcard spot (does OOTP model player fatigue as the season progresses? I swear Annandale plays at a .650 pace prior to the AS break, and .400 afterwards, year after year).

• My ongoing Senators project easily won their division in their first year in Silver. Still have a few key pieces to get for that team so I’m in “save PP” mode for a little.

• Motown got it together (with help from the windfall I got for selling that Hank Aaron card) to win their division in Diamond. I haven’t spent all the PP from selling Aaron but I did get 2 cards so far: the 100 OVR Gooden and the 97 OVR Wade Boggs. Gooden has played great (he went 15-5) and Boggs did ok. (Given the era I’m using for the team (59-88) my only real choices at 3B are Brett or Boggs and his card was a hair cheaper and looked about the same). I’ve got a plan for the rest of the PP but I’m keeping it under wraps until it’s all complete!

Went from winning my diamond league in my first attempt last season to being relegated out of perfect this season. Pitching was atrocious and batting was marginal. Thus, bottom four for me.

I finished with a second consecutive 75-87 record in Perfect this season, but my run differential was worse, thanks to an underperforming offense. Back at it on Monday, I suppose.

I noticed that Rookie Sensation Dave Righetti had an opening price that was significantly lower than the weekly or all-time average, so I put in a bid and ended up winning the auction. The low control rating concerns me, but I keep seeing this card on the leaderboards in Diamond/Perfect, so I figured I’d give it a shot. Even if it doesn’t perform, I should be able to get back at least what I paid.

In my 19 league, my teams met in the LCS for the first time ever. The Lagers won and they’re off to the WS in Diamond league.

And in my 20 league, I did okay. Both teams won their divisions, but got bounced in the Division Series.

In 20 my team got relegated from diamond after 4 seasons or so. In 19 my perfect team did middle of the pack, and my gold team won their division and got hammered in the division series by a team they hammered all season long.