Out of the Park Baseball 22: Take Me Out to the (Digital) Ballgame once more!

@Spock yes, you can get the banner by using:

https://challenge.ootpdevelopments.com/pt22signatures/username.jpeg

@Madmarcus Did you buy Brickyard, or pull him?

Oh yeah, I see they turned on PT22 signatures. To get them to show up do this.

On the OOTP boards, click User CP on the left side of the red header. Then Edit Signature on the left menu. Then insert something like this, only for your team.

I had free time because you knocked me out of a tournament :)

I just noticed that @Madmarcus and I are in a Bo5 Bronze tourney. My Washington Monuments bronze team is a 90% copy of a team that has about a 60% winning record. The BFF discord is full of number crunching nerds and one guy is analyzing Bronze tourney data and posted the teams with the best winning percentages… my team was doing poorly so I essentially copied one of the top teams. Since then I have been winning much more often.

The team I copied is the Surrey Continentals, by the way, if you ever run across them in the Bronze tourney scene. I think they only do Bo7s.

I also am trying to decide if the Bo7s or Bo5s are a better value. I did a little back of the envelope calculation on my success rate (basically eyeballed “packs per tournament”) and the PPT is the same for the different types. But it feels like the Bo5s resolve so much faster (there is nothing worse than going into a Bo7 tournament and winning R1 4-3, winning R2 4-3 and losing the Quarterfinals 3-4… so much time!). But man, when you win that Bo7, that will be sweet (I was in a couple of tournaments that I won right when they increased the payouts yesterday and so I have not won a B07 since they upped the reward).

That was the team I saw in bo7. I think I had 17, 18, and 21 between the afternoon and this morning.

Here’s that copycat team, for reference. Yes, I play Kyle Lewis in CF!

I bought Brickyard. Not an efficient use of points as he’s not a very good perfect card and I didn’t any sort of great steal of a deal but I like the quasi-theme.

Impulse buy with no remorse.

Is there any reason to not use my new 100 rank pitcher in PT? Seems like I recall that it might have an effect on its AH worth to be used, but I have specific info on this.

@vyshka @Charlatan I’ve used the signature feature in past editions of OOTP, and in fact my forum account (“Fenway”) still does display my OOTP 18 signature. Bbut this time my profile doesn’t reflect that I own OOTP22, and the URL vyshka linked does nothing when I plug in my various usernames. Other people seem to be having the same trouble; we’ve all posted about it on the signature thread in the forums. It’s pretty frustrating.

Not that I have much to show off this year (sigh).

Every time I make a change to my tourney teams I get nervous that I’ve killed the golden goose until they start bringing in packs again. :) I’ve been using a number of those players, and had some of the others in my reserve roster already to try out since they are showing up in the stat pulls.

Right now my top 3 feature requests would be

1. The ability to save a collection of settings (view, filter, scope, players, column sorting on) like you can save a customized view, so I don’t have to double check that it is set to all players, that it isn’t on a split, and that it is sorting how I want.

2. Have write report to disk give the file a name that makes sense and relates to the competition.

3. Have some way to work on tournament rosters outside of being inside a tournament. For now I guess I’ll settle on temp joining a daily when I need to really rework a roster, but it would be nice to have a way to play around that didn’t require that.

I just won a historical tournament that gave me a Historic Pack as a reward. I’ve never opened one before. As with all my other packs, I guess I’ll wait til Thursday? I have about 15 unopened packs across my 3 teams now.

@vyshka, I like your wishlist. I’d add a couple of my own:

1. Hotkeys, hotkeys, hotkeys! This game is too clicky. Most of you young whippersnappers don’t care, but I’ve got arthritic hands that hate mousing. Yeah, you can save a few screens with the function keys, but that’s about 1% of all the clicking. How about an ESC or BACKSPACE key to exit a window or go back a screen? Backspace is listed in the documentation but it doesn’t work – a bug I’ve reported repeatedly.

2. Relating to your first wishlist item, there is supposedly a “save view” option that at least saves a custom view you create, like a “Pitcher Fatigue” view – but it doesn’t persist long. I’ve reported this as a bug.

3. Better finding tools for the auction house. This has improved, but I’d still like to be able to search on a larger variety of ratings; to search for players who play “outfield” or “infield”; etc. Maybe there are “and” and “or” operators that I don’t know about.

Congrats! I really need to branch out into some of the other tournament types. I tried a silver live the other day and managed 2nd place, but it would be fun to win one of the cards or a historical pack.

Yes, the view saves and I’ve done that, but it doesn’t remember that you’ve filtered for 1+ plate appearances, or if you are looking at a split or not. With my pitching view it doesn’t remember to sort on batters faced. The batter view for whatever reason does sort on plate appearances. The sorting doesn’t probably matter much for what I’m doing since excel probably could not care less.

I agree on the Auction House. My somewhat work around has been to do player search in the league I am in based on the rating criteria, and see if something pops up, and then try the find card in Auction House button.

Edit: Another thing that would probably help some community efforts would be the ability to export/import view settings as a hex string or something to make it easy for people to have the same view set. On one of the shows this past Sunday a couple of data submissions had to be dropped because they weren’t formatted properly. It probably wouldn’t be useful for most people though so it wouldn’t be worth the effort.

You can save filters separately, but maybe you know that?

Yeah, I have those set up. I just would like the ability to click one thing, and have that action go ahead and set the view, filter, and other things I want instead of me having to remember to click 5 different things or check that ootp hasn’t mysteriously changed one when jumping to the next tournament to look at.

I think that’s planned for OOTP37. Just kidding of course. I don’t think interface things like that have changed in years.

Heh, yeah most of this wouldn’t be of that much use except to the small group of people trying to pull a lot of data out of perfect team so I don’t really expect it to ever change.

Actually I’d bet most of those who play regular online leagues would love that stuff. The league I’m, guys have multiple saved viewed and multiple saved filters for looking at things every which way.

@tylertoo Does your league have a website that we can look at? I’d be curious to see what it’s like. I really enjoyed the OOTP leagues I did a few years ago. My favorite was a historical league that began in 1871; it ran for 2 or 3 real-life years before the Commish vanished.

I should add to my feature wishlist:

1. Offer a service to host online leagues using the Perfect Team infrastructure for some fee to cover hosting costs. I think probably the biggest hangup for folks with online leagues is the hassle of hosting it, and probably file transmission. Using the PT infrastructure would eliminate all of that.