Outcast 1.1 rises from the ashes of Outcast Reboot HD

Title Outcast 1.1 rises from the ashes of Outcast Reboot HD
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When December 18, 2014

Outcast 1.1, an "enhanced" version of the original 1999 free-roaming voxel-based action game, is launching on Steam today..

Read the full article

A better reason to get excited is the fact that Outcast is one of the best action adventures ever made. There are, to this day, very few games which can match the freedom and variety on offer here. The player is free to do what they please in a large world full of interesting exploration and surprises. There are lots of tools to bend the world to one's will and affect the living, breathing population, friendly and hostile.

The plot and cast are standard issue but the world is great and wide. Set forth and have fun! I know I will. Again. Finally!

Outcast is a well made mix of Tomb Raider, Ultima and Zelda in a science fiction setting. The script is a lot smarter than it at first seems like. A few puzzles are some of the best I've seen in games. It's been 14 years since I played it and it still lives strongly on in my gaming memories. High time to have a refresher!

It launched on GOG and other outlets as well. Could you please update the story to reflect that? People may think it is Steam-exclusive when it is not.

Even better than that, if you had already purchased the original on GOG, this has already been added to your library. That was a nice surprise, although it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out why I couldn't wishlist it.

As someone who bought a lot of games from GOG during their first few years, I can sympathize with that. Pretty much every time I visit my GOG library now - "Holy crap. I own that game?!" Boom. Downloaded and installed.

Well said, one of my all time favorite gaming experiences. I had the original but purchased the GOG release a while back. Now this new update is free for those who did the same.

Sequel still being worked on…

And he has a jetpack now…

This implies some kind of ‘discover our ecosystem’ vibe which I hope adds up to something substantial.

Seems like such a random sequel, but it’s looking really good. All that jetpacking, or maybe jethopping, reminds me of Elex.

Looks like Ubi’s Avatar to me.

I’m in :)

Looking forward to it. Still can’t believe we got not just a remake but also a sequel.
What seals the deal for me is the fact that Lennie Moore is back, his soundtrack for the first game is 10/10 masterpiece.

It has a ‘help the alien natives and destroy the Human invasors’ feel to it, that is Avatar like.

I’m not super enthused for much coming up but I do have an eye on Outcast. March 2024.

I’m not watching it because this might a cool game to go into knowing as little as possible… but I think ACG had a fairly positive preview.

I just realised I’ve posted 6 videos in this thread, pretty much to myself :)