Outer Wilds - a solar system trapped in a time loop.

This was one of my first encounters with the different experiences people have with the game.
After release I remember someone describing teleporting to Sun Station and then getting stuck on that jump between the two station parts. Immensely frustrated they described how they tried for hours and just couldn’t make it.
I was so confused because I had just done it and didn’t remember any issue. I even went back to check.

It’s entirely done for scenery. The player character is on the Sun Station (a single thing, the two parts are still connected by some girders) and has the same orbital values. If you just walk forward and do nothing you will hit the other door or very close to it. All you need to do is use -minimal- thrust to adjust for your aiming inaccuracy and the bridge wreckage.

Having watched at least half a dozen people do it for their first time everyone is intimidated though, and I’d say over half of people almost or entirely mess it up because they expect it to be super difficult and fiddly.
The game has a huge amount of such moments that get perceived and experienced very differently by different people. That it still works so well is really impressive.

For me, it was a jump in Brittle Hollow that eventually made me just walk away from the game. After six or seven misses necessitating restarts, I was done.

I grabbed it on the Switch, hoping the small screen would help with some of my terrors. So far, it has helped a bit. I just ventured into one of the foreign objects. That’s furthest i have ever made it.