Overlord. JJ Abrams + Zombie Nazis, but NOT part of Cloverfield!

Hmm. OK, JJ, you have my curiosity.

I don’t remember asking for a Wolfenstein movie but what the heck? I’ll take it.

Direct YT link:

And yeah, it’s Wolfenstein: The Movie. It’s just missing B.J.

We’ll see. I’m convinced Abrams is trying to shoehorn that fucking monster into everything he touches now. I look forward to the monster’s cameo in Star Wars 9.

Hmm indeed. Since it’s a horror film I’ll allow the ahistorical integrated paratroopers in 1944. Could be fun.

We’re in a post-history world - and too many people are too stupid and lazy to even realize how hollywood bastardizes history to modernize it for entertainment, but complaining about that in a zombie movie seems unwarranted.

We had a similar discussion regarding Mission: Impossible – Fallout, but I can’t help but notice a certain similarity here beyond the plot:

wolf overlord

There are a lot of font families from the Reich that are pretty similar, so this isn’t that surprising.

Top 5 war movie
Top 3 horror movie
Best use of IMAX I’ve ever seen and heard
Wyatt Russell continues his meteoric rise

So yeah, I liked it. Day one disk purchase no doubt

Saw this last evening. Very cool and as @Jason_Levine has noted very much like a live action wolfenstein.

I am wondering if maybe I had played Wolfenstein, I would have enjoyed the movie more. I was a bit disappointed by it. I think the title might have filled my head that this was going to be something of epic proportions when it was considerably smaller.

It was in IMAX and I didn’t feel like I got my $18.75 out of the movie.

I did like Wyatt Russell. I wish Joban Adepo would have been a stronger character.

Just got home from seeing this, had a blast with this one. Definitely felt like Return to Castle Wolfenstein to me. I’m glad I had forgotten what I saw in the trailer since there isn’t much beyond that, but it does what it does well. I liked the lead and the rest of the cast. Found it to be thoroughly entertaining action-horror.

Eh, I don’t know that playing Wolfenstein necessarily enhances your enjoyment, it’s just the easy comparison. There might also be some correlation with your ability to enjoy really well executed, straight-faced nazi zombie killing pulp, but I don’t think comparing comparing it to Wolfenstein will necessarily do it any favours, at least not if we’re talking Machine Games’ recent reboot. (Which is just superb.)

(I enjoyed the hell out of this, if “really well executed, straight-faced nazi zombie killing pulp” didn’t make that clear.)

I’m curious what your problem with Jovan Adepo was. I thought he was a great sympathetic lead and moral center. And Wyatt Russell going full Kurt Russell was kind of distracting, but he did an undeniably good job of it.

A friend and I made a last minute decision to go catch this one last night and we both really enjoyed it. He’s not as into horror as I am, so some of the more squeamish bits didn’t sit well with him, but overall we both really enjoyed it. I don’t believe I’ve seen Wyatt Russell in anything before but we both had him pegged as Kurt’s son, they’ve basically got the same voice. I also liked that the movie kept the scale fairly small, it was a few soldiers with a specific, somewhat limited goal. The supernatural elements were kept reasonably low key as well. It felt like a B movie done with A level writing, filming and acting. A nice surprise.

It’s good, even for someone who’s not too fond of horror movies (it’s mostly action, really).

The ahistorical integrated paratrooper squad has at least got the barest edge on the probability of Nazi Zombies, so…
Watching this tonight on Blu Ray. I like Wyatt Russell from AMC’s Lodge 49, and I love WW2 stuff. BTW, is this essentially a rehash of that other movie from a few years back (made in Poland, maybe)? Can’t remember the title.