Overwatch - Blizzard's new IP

Hanzo!

I play pretty regularly on PS4. Usually a Lootbox a night starting around 8:30pm EST of so.

I still plan to play Overwatch regularly. I got a little caught up with movies and television since December (I watch too many CW shows, and was trying to hit a bunch of Oscar nominations in the theaters). Now that that’s behind me, I’m looking forward to getting back into Overwatch though.

Oops, just bought Zelda.

Traitor

I am playing on Xbox most nights.

Last night I played with a buddy and we rolled the Bastion-Mercy-Reinhardt combo every match and went 11-0. Someone always picked up the character we didn’t cover. Bastion is hella OP right now.

Enjoy it while you can, Bastion nerf has already been pushed to public on PC - Ironclad passive now reduced to 20% damage mitigation instead of 35%.

A nano-boosted Bastion is still gonna be a pain, but it’s not like it’s the only ultimate that is just best hidden from.

I’m playing with a group of friends on PC usually 2-4 times per week still. We play around 8-10 PM EST.

Blizzard made custom games a thing, and inevitably players figured out that they could use them to farm XP easily - which is exactly what people said would happen based on similar issues in Team Fortress 2 and CS:GO.

What’s really interesting about Jeff Kaplan’s post is that he claims Blizzard knew this would happen, and they planned for it.

[quote]
We are not naïve to player behavior and motivation. When we put this feature live, we had an internal escalation plan for how to combat this behavior. Today marks the first steps on that path. And in a lot of ways it really makes me sad. The feature is so much cooler and better for everyone if we do not have to put draconic restrictions on it. To fast forward a bit, the end of the escalation plan will result in experience gain being turned off in Custom Game.[/quote]

This makes no sense. If Blizzard knew people would do this, why hold off on the restrictions? What, they thought the Overwatch community was somehow special and above this kind of abuse? Please.

Papa Kaplan is very very disappointed with you. Go to your room.

Yeah, everyone knows gamers are all basically middle school students and should be treated as such.

Another reason why Blizzard games get a lot of players: Their art direction usually leans towards being good looking without being too demanding.

Is that why nobody I get grouped with in gold and silver can aim?

Blizzard has taken its higher-end Overwtach merch line in-house.

They’re going to make a mint with this one:

One Billion Dollars…

It’s also worth noting that Overwatch has generated over $1 billion and is now the 8th billion-dollar franchise in Activision Blizzard’s portfolio.

I guess it’s time for me to dig up my “this game will probably be wildly successful” prediction lol. It’s amazing how much of this I have watched, without ever really playing it.

Folks will do anything to unlock stuff. This is a big reason why I think unlocks don’t really help games unless there’s a legitimate gameplay reason for it.

ahem

True, I suppose. Overwatch is a fun enough game that I don’t particularly care about the unlocks though.

In my case, the whole locked content/loot box/no way to get things out-of-season was enough to make me dump the game.

It just wasn’t fun enough for me to accept the gacha.

https://youtu.be/N-nf4nqdZRA

Anniversary event May 23 - June 12.

Also, free weekend May 26-29: