Parkitect

I bought this on Steam in EA at $17.99. I plan on fiddling around with it as they progress.The game is getting some good reviews on Steam forums and that is not easy to do.

I used to work at Great Adventures in NJ way back in 1977 - 78. So I do like amusement park simulations.

My wife is not a gamer but she actually played the original RCT and did not talk to the family for three days straight (she loves amusement parks - I will have to hide this from her)! :)

The game has sandbox mode only at this point but based on my old memory it does give off that RCT2 vibe. I plan to fiddle a little bit with it as they expand the inner workings and simulation.

I placed all these shops down but they had no product to sell until I found the staff button on the left side of the screen. Have to hire haulers to bring cotton candy to the store (duh on me).

The next problem i ran into is once you hire your janitors, haulers, engineers you have to select a zone for them. I looked all over the staffing UI but it is actually on the Terra-forming icon. Only problem is I created 4 zones but the UI drop down box will not allow me to scroll down to select any zone after number three (it is Alpha so not complaining just giving a helpful hint in case anyone else tries this out).

I figure this deserves it own thread as it progresses.

As you all head into space in Stellaris next week think about adding room on your space stations for an Amusement Park in zero gravity!

I played around with it for a few minutes. Reminded me of why I enjoyed RCT1/2 so much and RCT3 fell flat for me. It’s the type of game best enjoyed with a simple top-down, isometric view with happy little peeps running around. It didn’t need to go 3D.

I bought this as well. I read that while there is no Ride-Cam, there is a mod to the same effect, on the website.

Is it is just a business sim, or does it go into the whole create rollercoasters, etc?

There are tools to build your own coasters and log flume and I believe the ability to create blueprints (I am thinking that maybe the blueprints can be saved for future plays). There also are tools to build a monorail and train systems.

I cannot figure out how to get the tracks to curve and how to restart the toolset if you leave it and try to come back to it.

What got me onto this game is Silvarret’s channel where he does some good things with it. If I recall correctly, the dev’s actually reached out to him to provide images and videos for the Steam EA release.

Like Gordon_Bleu, I found the shift to 3D falling flat for me, I was more engaged by the first two rollercoaster tycoon games than the third. The art style in this game I find highly appealing.

Thanks for the link; Silvarret is amazing at what he builds.

Anyone playing this, I just surfed the dev blogs on Steam, some really cool stuff is being added.

Stuff like Trash and Deliveries in larger parks will be handled via underground transport.

Also surfing around the nexus , there are a ton of really good looking parks being made with just the Alpha version of the game.

https://parkitectnexus.com/assets/c086c6c0f7/riverwood-themepark-no-mods

Planet Coaster has me all in a park building mood. How is this one coming along?

Here here - was wondering the same thing.

Since Planet coaster’s campaign left me bored of challenge and goals, and @Telefrog said RCTW was basically much more hopeless than PC, I asked the developers of Parkitect if their game would focus more on the park management, financial simulation, and realism vs. Planet Coaster. ie there’s quite a void they can fill if they can make it match RCT 1 and 2. This was their response:

Nice! I loved managing the park in the original RCT.

Yeah, designing and optimizing the park itself, not the rides, was where I found the most joy in RCT and where PC has left me wanting.

I tried Parkitect some months ago and found it wanting. The park maintenance did not seem to be installed yet and I found it a bit lifeless. I am sure it will round into a jolly great game at some point but I refunded the purchase and will wait until release to give it another go.

Hey y’all, anyone playing this lately? I’ve had my eye on it for a spell and feel about ready to take the plunge.

I totally forgot about this game! D:

A year and a half in early access and only at Alpha 17.

You in a rush?

I am at a point in life where I want to play finished games. :)

Surfing reddit I came across this user album : https://imgur.com/a/FZ39m

Game looks like it is really coming along!

And it just went into BETA. http://themeparkitect.tumblr.com/post/167701708932/devlog-update-171

Price is going up too. I’m gonna finally dive in.