Path of Exile

Have they tweaked SSF yet for higher drop rates? Not sure they are actually planning to, but it would be nice.

Unlikely, I would think, unless they make it so you can’t un-SSF a character, which I think you can do currently?

Yeah, they’ve said that they don’t intend to up the drop rates for SSF. They think of it as something they provide players who really want to compete with an extra challenge, like Hardcore. You only climb the SSF ladder up to the point where you decide to revert to the base league. Then you get merged in with any characters you have on the base league like when a seasonal league ends and merges you back into Standard except that you have control over the timing.

I enjoy SSF and really wish there was a mode with more drops as I never play standard. Every couple leagues I might pop into standard, see all the stash tabs waiting to be sorted from previous league merges and maybe sort one or two tabs before I just quit.

Mayhem however was far and away the best SSF experience, and Turmoil will be better than normal. The mechanics of the races basically act as a currency buff anyway and the ability to farm strongboxes in maps for diviner’s boxes or rogue exiles for just tons of equipment made it great for SSF. I especially liked the box maps myself, I do like rolling for those divination cards.

Pretty decent article with some nice things to say about the game in general. Not news to anyone who’s played it, but good info if anyone that hasn’t played it is curious.

Looks like 3.0 is slated for Aug 4

Woo! I wonder if Nessa will offer me what little help she can.

Magic 8 ball says… “Signs point to YES”

I may have a problem with this game. They released info on 4 of the new uniques for 3.0, and I read the forum post about it in which about 98% of people giving an opinion stated that the sword (Ahn’s Might) is garbage. I immediately planned a build around it. It will likely be a trash build, but I have this urge to try using junk items as centerpieces. At least they’re cheap!

I can’t imagine the level of self-loathing I would have to be suffering from in order to inflict the official PoE forums upon myself.

The replies, I mean. GGG are pretty good about dropping news and such there.

Anyone here get into the beta that’s starting today on Xbox One? I signed up, but didn’t get a response yet. I’m very curious how they’re going to handle the controls on console.

I got the email with the beta code. I entered it at work, so hopefully there’s enough room on my hard drive. If there is, it’ll be installed and ready to go when I get home. Fingers crossed that it’s a good control scheme. I’m still leary of having to control a cursor in order to move around a paper-doll inventory. Especially with my controller that drifts upward.

Aw damn, I didn’t get an email.

Edit:: got the email, woot!

Got the email!

Man, how do I not have an email. Don’t they know who I am?

Seems like keys aren’t quite as scarce as they set out to make us believe- I got a key as well.

I played this briefly last night on Xbox. I like the control scheme so far. One interesting thing I wasn’t expecting is that the “cursor” you control with the controller is controlled discretely, moving one slot at a time, not like the Destiny cursor. So if I’m hovering over the weapon in my inventory, going to the right will make me snap over to the armor slot, not just move the cursor over a little bit. So this works quite well.

I only got past the beach and into the first town, but yeah, thumbs up on the controls so far. It is interesting that they don’t use the right trigger for moves. In Diablo 3, I always have my main move on Right Trigger. Here, RT just changes the move set on the screen, so it’s used as a toggle. So if I have X assigned to a skill, I press RT, and then use X to do a different ability.

You’re in for a treat, PoE is the D2 of modern ARPG’s. So, so good. Two quick tips, don’t neglect life nodes on the passive tree and look to keep resistances maxed as they matter a lot. I presume they are still running normal/cruel/merciless difficulties on console since Fall of Oriath is not released (it changes everything). Each new difficulty imposes a penalty to resistances, so keep an eye on them.

While that’s true, it’s still a linear progression under the new system, right? From what I read you go through Act 1 through IV like before, but instead of then repeating Act 1 under a new difficulty, you start Act V, which is essentially Act 1 under the new difficulty, kind of, but with other changes as well.

I think my favorite build so far was the one I implimented upthread that someone recommended with the dual fire turrets that kill the creatures for you, while you run around, trying to get away and stay alive.