Path of Exile

Nice. I had an exhaust drop for my Righteous Fire guy while I was leveling him… At around 65 I think. RNGesus for the win.

I have been playing so much melee my next toon has GOT to be some sort of spell caster.

I often drop some exhaust. Not often it involves any righteous fire, tho.

Stupid autocorrect… I meant an exalt!

That is why the game is so punishing to other classes of characters. I’m doing a Berserker Marauder too and I have face tanked every boss as well without a scare. Have never died. My other PCs all struggled. GGG has to balance their boss fights against the strongest PCs, and this disparity in capability renders the more squishy classes a frustration. I don’t know the answer other than to play the Marauder to avoid it.

Act 10 for the Sunder Berserker down at L65. Ran straight through acts 9/10, did not collect any skill points, did not pass cruel lab first. Died 3 times, because fuck Kitava and I have not learnt the fight properly yet and I probably face-tanked too hard instead of, you know, occasionally moving.

I put some quality gems in the guild stash if anyone is looking for some. Also some various jewelry.

Another Super Stash Tab sale weekend (ah, html tables, like it’s 1996 all over again)

Tab on sale Points
Extra Stash Tab 20
Premium Stash Tab 30
Upgrade to Premium Stash Tab 10
Stash Tab Bundle (6) 110
Premium Stash Tab Bundle (6) 165
Premium Quad Stash Tab 120
Divination Stash Tab 40
Currency Stash Tab 60
Essence Stash Tab 30
Premium Guild Stash Tab 35

Starting to run Beachhead. Holy carp I love this map.

Decided to give this a try last night, after hearing so much about it. It’s enjoyable enough, but I perhaps haven’t played to the point where I understand the depth of the customization. Is there a way to quickly see the difference between something equipped and something in your inventory for comparison? I’ve never left so much stuff lying around on the ground in a game as I have in the first 78 minutes of play that I got in because comparing it all was just taking too long. There must be a better way.

I get that this is an MMO, but would there happen to be a way to make every area be single player so that there isn’t anyone appearing even in the non-combat zones?

Yep, hold down ‘alt’ and a pop-up will show your equipped item alongside. There is no diablo3-esque ‘this is better’ green arrow - that comes from experience, but during leveling, higher numbers (armour/evasion/spell damage/physical damage/etc) are generally an improvement. Just as or more important in POE is finding gear with the right sockets/colours/links - at least until currency is non-trivial and you can throw a few jewellers (change number of sockets), chromatics (change colour of sockets) and fusings (change links) at a particularly desirable item.

Just remember language on skill gem descriptions are very specific - equipping a higher physical dps sword when you are using a spell skill gem won’t help you.

No, the hub zones work similarly to the way they worked in guild wars one. You see lots of other people in the hubs, but when you go adventuring you only see your group. So if your solo it’s just you out there.

Is there some reason you don’t even want to see other people in town? If chat annoys you you can always turn it off. I hardly notice people in town anymore.

Another tip for dealing with equipment is to install a loot filter. You can Google how to do that but I recommend NeverSink’s loot filter. The filter hides items that are no longer appropriate for you, lower level items. As you level it keeps doing that so you are never presented with a shower of useless junk - just a few possibly-useless items!

Fucking LAAAAAAAAG!

Poorly linked 6S’s. should I be alching them all on the off chance it ends up being worth more than the fusings from a vendor?

I wouldn’t bother. You’d be spending an alch plus 6 fusings on what is effectively just a normal rare drop. Don’t think there’s much of a premium put on 6 non-linked sockets in the market.

Oh and just as a note to newer players like @Equisilus - you leave a TON of stuff on the ground in PoE. It’s just how it goes. The multi-layered RNG burrito results in a ton of filler garbage being dropped that has no chance of relevance.

Don’t be like me and end every league with like 600 alts (Orbs of Alteration) because you can’t bear to leave a shitty unIDed yellow on the ground.

Loot filter for life. Start off with NeverSink normal, then upgrade to semi-strict once you’re running back to town to vendor too often. But leave the garbage where it lies.

So, progressing through the atlas requires trading for maps you need, correct? Because I’ll be fucked if I can get new connections to drop reliably…

The exception to this, post 60, is rare rings, ammys and belts. Always pick them up as they will be your vendor bottleneck when you begin vendoring trash for chaos and regals.

I don’t see why it would be necessary. I have 70-something nodes cleared (and some maps in hand that I haven’t done yet at the upper end).

I have bought some maps from Zana, though, that I couldn’t get to drop. Don’t forget that you can trade three of the same map to a vendor for one a tier higher. I’d save the orbs that upgrade map tier or convert to another of the same tier until doing red maps.

@inactive_user brings up a good point. Run un’ID’d maps when you can. There’s a bonus on item quantity for doing so. Even blues can give pretty good results. That will help get more maps. I trade maps at the vendor constantly and have been swimming in them for quite some time.

Yup. Especially early when you’re trying to build up to critical self-sustaining map droprates. I’ve bought bunches of maps for a single chisel or alch. Un-ID’d rares always, for the maximum lulz and IIQ.

Helps that this facebreaker/BoR/brotem/berserker build is completely invincible, heh.

This is true. Though I go through phases of not bothering with it because I just can’t be fucked. It’s a nice steady source of currency though, no doubt.

Thanks for the tips on the loot comparison (whew!) and filter. That’ll have me feeling a bit better about all that crap lying about.

@Charlatan Those hub zones just annoy me because it takes me out of the game world. Having other players standing on top of me, or glowing like a freaking disco ball (out of control customization?) doesn’t fit with the atmosphere. That sort of thing is one of the reasons I don’t do MMOs, but POE has had enough positive said about it I thought I’d give it a go. We’ll see how it pans out with more playtime invested.