Path of Exile

I was just wondering this morning if an arc totem build would be as awesome as the arc trap build I’m playing now.

As for suggestions, I know you’re doing a Mind over Matter build but it feels to me that you have too many mana nodes and not enough life nodes. To that end, I would ditch the 3 points around Dynamo and the 3 more around Soul Siphon.
I realize you are running a Mind over Matter build but it still seems like you are devoting too much to mana nodes and not enough to life nodes (I am open to being told I’m wrong, though).

Instead, I would put those points to work in the NE from the intelligence node north of Crackling Speed - hit the int node, work towards Written In Blood, and then go up to Doom Cast. As shown in the beautiful image below:

abc

That gives you a good boost in life and a lot more critYou’d need two more points to get there but that’s easily done.

Oh I just saw the three points spent around Dreamer. Do you need those too? If you decided you didn’t you could ditch those 3 nodes and go for either Elemental Focus on the east side of the tree or Catalyze on the west side of the tree. The advantage of going to Elemental Focus is that it gets you one point away from Coldhearted Calculation.

On second and third thought I’m bad at doing this stuff in a vacuum, so I’m not 100% convinced this is a good idea. According to the planner, you lose 100% mana for 20% life (plus you get a little more damage, and you double your crit chance for spells). I guess it boils down to “if it’s working for you, go with it” - but if it feels like your life is low, you might consider boosting it a bit.

How much is MoM these days? 30%? If so you want 2/3 of ehp to be life and the rest in mana, adjust accordingly. Don’t neglect regen though, and if you need any buffer for casting. Personally I detest MoM because I play recklessly so I’m usually oom when I need it the most. Especially problematic if you need mana to use an escape skill.

I’m using Enki’s Arc Witch build which is very very similar to this build, but grabs both sides of the lightning circle, and doesn’t pickup the extra curse stuff. I’m brain-dead breezing through most everything under T9, with about 5k HP and 2K mana and its very nice… Then again, I’m fairly new to the end game so YMMV =)

Enki’s forum post is a really nice reference for this build:

Thanks for the suggestions! When I do MoM builds, I usually use blood magic for my travel skill, so I never get caught.

Some of those fringe points were sort of just chucked in there, I’ll take a closer look at the edges of the build.

Good reminder! I dumped a bunch in the stash, mostly lower tier but a few 10+ as well. Sadly there’s no guild map tab type, but I did try to organize it with each tier in columns.

Switched to CI at 70 and went from 2k/1k Life/ES to 4.1k ES with a modest 5-6C investment in all new ES gear. Good ES gear, that’s expensive, though. I’ve blown all my jewellers trying to 6S my Whispering Ice, but even with half my gear lacking the required sockets and links for most of my mitigation, quality of life was instantly and dramatically better. Amazing what Vaal Pact will do for you once Ghost Reaver is applying it to ES from the get go and the pool is healthier!

My summoner is now in A6. What’s an acceptable level of chaos resist there for hc? I’m at -10 now but I do have a ring that gives chaos resist when on low life.

Honestly many people cruise into mid to late maps with negative chaos resistance.

That said, the temple in maps can get nasty with chaos damage. I am wondering if I’ll be caring about it more this league. And I’ve always wanted to do a CI build. . .

Yeah, chaos before this league I would usually leave at -60 all the way to red maps. It was something that was nice to pick up but I never bothered shopping for it so usually didn’t get any.

With the temple I’m shopping for chaos res on every piece of gear I can get it on, trying to at least stay above 0. I’d like to do some CI builds but the 500 ES chest piece I bought refuses to 6link and I ripped the 6l restless ward I was going to use for some trickster CI builds.

I did get a usable base out of dapper prodigy cards but it was ev/ar so I’m managing to use that for power siphon while trying to farm up enough currency to get the CI going.

OK thanks I won’t worry about it yet.

Do those ranged jackasses in temple do chaos? That would explain some things. Though my cold res has been awful forever too, and I assumed they were doing cold.

IDK if it was one of the new nemesis mods or what, but I exploded once in a t1 map yesterday after cruising through everything up to that point. Maybe something that did chaos that I didn’t know about? Who knows.

There’s more than one set of jackasses hahha.

If you mean the ranged vaal constructs, I believe they are doing a hydrid of chaos and maybe phys, and those attacks are IIRC spells just to be extra vicious.

There’s also actual human, or maybe humanoid, caster that are using something that looks vaguely like essence drain to me. In fact, I think there’s another ranged or caster ish minion doing I don’t even know what.

IIRC chaos damage is balanced targeting 0 resistance (unlike elemental at 75). So if you’re both rich and have easily fulfilled gear requirements (both required since T1 chaos resistance is only low 30s and is a suffix), you can completely trivialize chaos damage sources by pushing up to 75, or even do weird shit with ES (like hybrid with 2-3k life)

I’m here to report that a 6S Whispering Ice with Spell Cascade slotted for clearing is bonkers.

Woah. The map inventory tab shows the Atlas completion status for your maps now? When did that happen? Yeesh. Skip most of a league and all sorts of cool stuff to come back to. That is amazingly useful. Now if they’d just add that to the mouse hover tip, too, it’d be perfect.

That does look pretty crazy, @sharaleo. Another build to put on the someday-to-try stack!

Finally, I have tier-3rd a maps room. I want to thank the academy awards ceremony people, mty parents, and the entirety of the Norse pantheon.

Decide to offer my 6L Tinkerskin to the Temple Rngesus yesterday and ended up with a nice Tabula (all sockets turned white). Sadly this didn’t raise its price by much but at least it didn’t brick and I’m now one step closer to finishing that challenge.

Thanks for the exalt, RNGesus! Allowed me some nice upgrades and a few other purchases to round out my build as I earn a few more levels and get a shot at uber lab.

Whispering Ice is just doing a truck ton of damage. Cruising through yellows. Ran a white T10 Bog just to see how it would go - meh. same as running a T6 and I face-tanked enraged Skullbeak with no problems. Up to near 6k ES and still managing to out-leech the incoming damage.

Speaking of exalts, they’re now at ~145c on ISC, which is crazy. Might be a good time to slowly cash out.