Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

Sounds like a bug.

I wonder if itā€™s worth fixing at this point or if I should just manage without attempting it. I donā€™t want to mess up the game at all, and generally donā€™t mod any of my games these days.

IIRC, something similar happened to one of the crusade stats in my first game, too. Plenty of points, but nothing ever triggered the next phase.

ToyBox is incredible and greatly increases your enjoyment of the game. Highly recommended.

The mod author is very active on the Discord (E - theyā€™re actually a mod), itā€™s well supported, and WAY more powerful than the Kingmaker version was.

I recently had an issue with Wrath so I was running without mods and just the constant tutorials popping up was giving me a fucking aneurysm.

Oh, yeah, those are some nice QoL improvements. I went ahead and installed ToyBox, advanced the military stat by one and soon after got a new card to Rank Up, so perhaps thatā€™ll help (weā€™ll see). I turned on the Allow Achievements While Using Mods (since Iā€™m not using any other mods, but this is likely considered one). I also turned on the Relic Info you circled above.

Other than those, I kept it as is. I just want the Crusade to work again. Thanks for the tips!

[Edit] Uhoh. Now WotR wonā€™t start, crashes constantly. Hope that ToyBox didnā€™t break it.

Just click uninstall in UMM. ToyBox doesnā€™t change any game rules in your save game, so is completely safe to turn off at any time.

Yeah, tried the uninstall, but it had no effect. The game just stops loading at the WotR logo with progress bar about 60%+. Music still playing and all, just goes nowhere. I tried a few other things from verifying the game files to removing all saves (with the mod uninstalled) but nothing fixes it. Nothing in Event Viewer either.

Itā€™s probably just a weird coincidence that it happened right after the mod install. Iā€™ll try a few other things to see if I can punch it back.

[Edit] After a full uninstall/reinstall, it worked. I put back the Portraits, Saved Games, and Screenshots folder and the settings file and it stopped working. I removed just the settings file and it worked again. So, it looks like something happened to ā€˜settingsā€™ that made it unable to load. Nice thing is that it just takes me remembering all the settings to get things back to working again (which Iā€™ll do tomorrow). Crisis averted.

Finally beat the game once, with my Aeon kineticist. Not a happy ending, went full lawful neutral there at the end roleplaying my character, and the montage of NPC/companion ever-afters was odd due to my choice. Not odd per se, just not what you typically get in these games.

I did get tired of the Threshold slog and dropped the difficulty down to story. My party wouldā€™ve beaten the game with a few more rests, but those final battle sets were not interesting to me at all.

Iā€™m fairly burned out on the game at this point, I think. Time to dig into my winter sale purchases.

I finished it last night on the Legend path with a Inquisitor (Sacred Huntmaster) 17/Sorcerer 4/Slayer 1/Dragon Disciple 8/Eldritch Knight 10 build. Threshold was kind of a boring slog, but I enjoyed the game overall. Iā€™ll probably come back for DLC.

Haha, congrats! Was wondering if youā€™d ever make it through.

With DLC to come, itā€™s probably best to hold back some interest for jumping back in. Iā€™m going to do the same once Iā€™m finished with my current game and try to tackle some backlog.

I had a tendency to leave it paused for long periods of time while I wandered off, and I spent a lot of time staring at the respec interface. It definitely wanā€™t the 200 hour game Steam wants you to believe.

Fielding build suggestions here for my 12th level sohei monk w/throwing axes. 8 levels left, went Angel for his mythic path, and not sure what to take, what would synergize well. Mutation warrior would give me a nice mutagen Dex boost for boss fights, and fighters have BAB and lots of feats and I still need lots more feats (rapid fire, greater weapon spec, improved crit, etc.), but Iā€™m open to ideas. Not interested in going legendary with this guy though, so only 8 levels left.

What difficulty would people recommend for players familiar with this type of game and usually does OK, but I donā€™t laboriously try to optimize every last thing? I do like to be challenged and need to use a variety of tools, but I donā€™t like to band my head against the wall.

I tend to go with default and then in the difficulty options I turn on characters reviving if they died during combat and that resting removes all negatives. Lets you have decent difficulty for the actual fights, but without the post-combat cleanup headaches.

Iā€™d agreeā€“no need to penalize yourself with a lot of housekeeping minutia. The game is fiddly enough as it is.

Iā€™m still playing this and recently clocked in over 1000 hours. I got cocky and thought Iā€™d do a Last Azlanti (Ironman) playthrough, despite the million-and-one good reasons to never do that.

I made an Instinctual Warrior, basically a barbarian monk. Barbarians have the highest HPs, and the monk part will add WIS to AC. Except the AC is bugged and doesnā€™t include any racial WIS bonuses, so instead of getting +3 I was only getting +2. (Iā€™m not sure what kind of spaghetti code you would need to ever consider base WIS for anything, but I digress.)

I dropped the water elemental like an old shoe and make it to the final boss, as I have a dozen times before. I built this char to be ranged, because ranged is safer. But I was using a glaive because it just does so much more damage at this stage of the game, and hey, itā€™s almost ranged right? I drop the boss fairly easily and then the second phase of the fight starts where she summons the quasits.

The cool thing about Wrath is newly spawned adds will randomly focus on the MC regardless of positioning. This makes Regillā€™s intro quest with the gargoyles particularly deadly. So Hosilla and the quasits all focus my MC. Seelah, Camellia and Lann canā€™t roll above a 5 on their attack rolls for two whole rounds. Eventually Hosilla hits me for 34 points, bringing me to the low single digits and then the quasits put me below zero. But the quasits also poison. I roll a 1 on my Fort save and take 1 DEX damage. Apparently when youā€™re negative HPs your DEX is 1 so this lowers my DEX to 0 and I die.

I thought the whole bullshit experience, including the bugged AC, was pretty much the most Owlcat thing ever.

Condolences. You are a brave soul to have attempted it. I mean, WotR is great but we all know how a random glitch can pop at any moment. At least you tried.

So, what have I missed?

Umm, maybe Iā€™ll just go with Solasta insteadā€¦

I like Solasta, but having just had another completely inscrutable conversation among my party and an NPC in Solasta made me appreciate the writing in Wrath that much more. Itā€™s one feature of WotR that is arguably the best in class, and one of the reasons why WotR is a 2021 stand-out.

Solasta relies too heavily on the mechanics of gameplay to make it shine and yes, many that play WotR focus on builds and combat, too (just see this thread). If thatā€™s all the matters to a player, Solasta will be great. But the gulf between the two games in writing is so huge I would never recommend Solasta over WotR.

In order to decide whether I should believe your opinion, I need to know what you thought about the writing in Pillars of Eternity.

It was just a wisecrack, by the way. I probably wonā€™t have time for either one!

Ha! Nope, not going to go down the PoE road (one of my all-time faves). Usually, Iā€™d love a good compare & contrast but I probably said something in the PoE thread somewhere.

If time is an issue, Solasta would be a better choice. WotR is a huge game, especially if you play TB instead of RTwP.