Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

A few times. :)

I think most if not all of the spell effects they’re showing off are the new Mythic abilities.

lich mythic path

Oh hell yes. I never play evil but that would be very tempting.

Nothing on turn based mode though I see. That’s what I really want.

Presumably, the guy that did the excellent turn-based mode mod will return and get it working for this game as well. One hopes, at least. I really liked his mod, you could toggle turn-based mode on and off when you wanted it, so most fights went faster and were fine with real-time, but the tougher fights you could drop into TBS mode. I hope it works out that this can be created for the new game, too.

The Kickstarter just broke $200k.

That was fast.

Put down 55$ without even watching the video to the end.
I just really hope they don’t mess up the launch again.

I’m confused by their social goals thing. Are they saying they need 22,000 posts or likes on Facebook to have the romance option with Queen Galfrey? Or is that twitter stuff? Or both?

Seems like a lot.

On the 43$ tier, they offer PF:KM enhanced edition as an added bonus. Do you guys reckon they wait till Wrath is done before fulfilling that or would you get that immediately?

I assume it’s when the project ends and the funds are released, but I couldn’t be for sure.

It looks like 80 Facebook shares, which seems doable. Nothing I’m seeing on this looks non-achievable. Most of them will probably be “close enough” is how these social challenges end up, generally.

With over 120 hrs in the first game, this is an easy back for me. The post release support on Kingmaker was really impressive.

Ew, encouraging anyone to use Facebook at this point is just a bad look.

I hope they can figure out how to do buffing in a less tedious way. Like automating it somehow if they are absolutely determined to keep the magic system the same as in PnP. Resting and rebuffing was deeply irritating to me in the first one, which I otherwise enjoyed quite a bit.

IIRC there is a buff bot mod out there, which… I’ll probably use if I ever play again because you’re right it’s super annoying and has been since BG2. At least here it’s more or less instant and you don’t have to wait for animations and sound bytes when you do it out of combat.

Man, Warpriests sound awesome.

Indeed, but that’s how the source material works. Best they can do is sprinkle in items that apply the higher-level group effect of a buff. For example, there’s a helm in PFKM that casts the group Heroism buff. Of course, it only has one charge per day (which is sometimes enough… and sometimes not) and around level 12-13 it becomes a liability to keep wearing it as better helms are available.

Holy crap, that’s pretty awesome! May there be stretch goals all the way to the horizon!

Darn near $380K as I type this, so we blew past the Warpriest goal. Which is good, that class sounds like a lot of fun! Nothing yet as far as updates, but I’m sure we’ll see soon enough what’s at the next goal. Hopefully another awesome class or maybe a race?

You can try it out with the original game if you like. It’s a decent mod that provides it.

Good point, I didn’t even think of that!

Anyway, the update went live like a minute after I posted.

New companion! Always a welcome addition to an RGP.

$475K is the new goal. Fingers crossed!