Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

See, that was the part I wasn’t sure about. Makes all 5 attacks with my kitty seem nice, but getting all 3-4 attacks with my halfling would be even nicer.

They might not and/or it might have been a bug, so don’t hold me to it.

Edit: If they don’t you could probably try a Vital Strike build, but that’s a lot of feats at the end of the day.

The eternal question of the Pathfinder games, haha. :)

I don’t think this feat exists in Wrath of the Righteous, and it would require a 14th level character to use…

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/mounted-skirmisher-combat/

As for feats, sadly my Beastrider just doesn’t have enough, when you take into account mounted feats and two-weapon fighting and all that. Its been a nice build so far.

Oh if you’re doing TWF there is no way in hell. Also it would be pretty lame with Vital Strike.

There are a lot of big mounted combat feats that don’t exist. Ride by attack is the big one, but Mounted Skirmisher at least seems fairly easy code-wise, unlike RBA.

Should I play the first pathfinder game before playing this newer one?

I’d say yes. Mostly because going back to Kingmaker will be very hard to do. Also because Wrath is still cooking in a lot of ways, while Kingmaker actually works (on the PC, I’ve heard some horror stories from the console end).

I will play it then. Thanks!

Yeah, I’d suggest Kingmaker first. That may change in a year if Owlcat manages to patch Wrath sufficiently.

I wonder if it’s at all possible to port the Kingmaker Campaign into WotR. I doubt it, but there were mods that let you play Icewind Dale and Baldur’s Gate 1 in the Baldur’s Gate 2 game.

New patch today. Mostly minor stuff.

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Update 1.0.8d - Steam News (steampowered.com)

Oh and an Owlcat dev made a statement on the difficulty.

“I play on casual.” /facepalm

For what it’s worth, I’m not sure that Wrath is any harder or easier than KM was at 1.0.

The first reason makes some sense to me, although as complex as Pathfinder is, I would have been happy with a 4 party squad, instead of a 6 party squad.

The rest… I don’t know.

By the way, I wonder if the Two-Weapon Throwing build would work in this rule set. You don’t have to worry about quick draw or ammunition after all.

MC or Wendaug can be made into an effective two-weapon throwing build. There are some nice throwing axes, you get a boat load of throws a turn, and you can ramp up the damage in a couple of different ways. Straight fighter weapon focus or my favorite is Cult Leader War Priest but I imagine a Shadow Shaman can do pretty good at it too. Just make sure you find out ahead of time which feats apply and which feats don’t.

Yeah. “I play on casual, so I have no idea what you all are complaining about” is an interesting take. :) I also grit my teeth at:

I figured this was their attitude. So I (not a munchkin Pathfinder powergamer) am expected to adjust sliders and difficulty and/or reload whenever they throw random bullshit my way. It’s doable, but I expect a developer to make basic efforts towards tuning their game and it doesn’t feel to me that Owlcat did at all.

I realize that may be a bit of an uncharitable reading of what the dev said, but it matches my experience (and complaints) about the game.

I’m assuming there are other people at Owlcat that don’t play on casual :-)

FWIW, Core difficulty has been OK for me so far, but my characters are only lvl 4.
The arguments they made make sense to me. Balancing D&D games must be pretty hard. I know I did a ton of fudged dice rolls when I used to DM D&D.

Honestly, I reload a lot.

The thing that annoys me is, if I get one thing right in a battle, or lucky in a battle, it can be a huge cakewalk. If I can get off my portable hole or Grease in an early fight, on the right target, nothing dies.

On the other hand, my tielfling really likes to die a lot.

I was thinking of doing with a Slayer or Bloodrager since both get bonus damage and a few extra feats. But for now, I’m sticking with my Halfling Bloodrider, even though I’m really missing the lack of skill points. I really like playing a Bard type character, but there are no bards with pets. The closest is the Druid Doviar.

I followed the Wenduag build on neoseeker which duals throwing axes. It was very strong early to mid game, but by the end it was sort of comical. She couldn’t hit anything, and watching her throw 8-9 axes with every single one of them being a miss was comical. And when she did hit, it wasn’t for a ton of damage due to the high DR.

I’m using a similar build with Lann but sticking with the bow, I think I’ll he’ll be more effective because you don’t need to spend as many feats on the bow as you do on TWF, so he’ll be able to pick up the DR penetrating feats.

So, you need Point Blank and Precise Shot. You need Two Weapon Fighting and Improved Two Weapon Fighting (it’s debatable whether you should get the final Two Weapon Fighting Feat).

So, that’s 4 Feats to get 6 attacks at a -2 to hit each (or 7 for 5 feats with Great Two-Weapon Fighting).
You do get to add Strength to your damage.
You could take Hammer the Gap, but your argument is that you never seem to hit anything.
I guess you could take Clustered Shots, which should reduce the DR. but then you are at 5 or 6 feats.

I don’t think an archer can get 7 attacks, but I think it can get 5 with 3 or 4 feats.

I don’t think the 3/4 classes would be great because you really need the high BAB.
When it comes to 2 Weapon Fighting, you need a way to boost damage per attack, which makes a Fighter a rough choice, because they only seem to get Weapon Specialization.
A Slayer gets some Sneak Attack Dice, so that might be better.
A Bloodrager gains bonus damage from Ragers (as does the Barbarian).

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Best Wenduag Builds (thegamer.com)

I found the build you were talking about. My biggest concern is the focus on Strength. I would have put all my points into Dexterity. I think the Bonus to hit is more important than the damage, especially if you can get damage from other sources.

Tools in the Cult Leader’s toybox are monk-like sacred weapon damage so that by lvl 20 a throwing axe doesn’t do 1d6 base damage but 2d8. They get to add +5 enhancement (to make up for the 3/4) with things like flaming or frost enchants to assist in triggering elemental barrage. They also get fighter ability to weapon focus. None of this helps if you can’t hit of course but there aren’t all that many enemies that are both high AC and high saves outside of bosses and flat footed through stunned, shaken, fear, trickster paralyze, shattered defense, making 1 rolls a 20, reduce 2wf penalty mythic feats, other things my MC axe thrower was the second most consistently damaging build I have made to date. It’s also trivial to get really high dexterity scores assuming you would care to run a shifted kitsune.