Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous; A Kingmaker follow-up that supports turn-based gameplay now!

While I have encountered my fair share of bugs with WoTR I haven’t had it crash until the patch today and now twice :( It locks up my laptop to the point where I have to physically power it down.

I’ve never got into the Warrior Priest class. It seemed odd to me.

I don’t think an archer can get 7 attacks, but I think it can get 5 with 3 or 4 feats.

FWIW a Sohei can get 2 flurries with a bow at lvl 11. So Base attack 3, rapid, many, and 2 flurries gets them 7 attacks. KI get’s them 8. The other 9 levels can be something like mutation warrior or slayer to ramp the damage of those shots, most of them full BAB.

Man, Full BAB Sohei is kind of crazy.

There are quite a few double throwing axe builds out there.

They end up with like 9 attacks iirc after Haste.

It’s super fiddly. One of the Lich companions is one and I kept that aspect after respecing him.
It’s an interesting class, but it’s also got way too much random shit imo. Like 8 abilities you can turn on and off and maybe 2 of them you actually care about. Being able to Quicken a Heal or Round Per Level buff on yourself in combat is pretty dope though.

And getting Weapon Spec and other fighter stuff is nice.

Edit: Mind you that’s base Warpriest. No idea on the archetypes. But a lot of “buff my armor/weapon” stuff in there in the base. You’re starved for Swift Actions most of the time, which is interesting as a concept, but play wise you mostly just forget stuff or turn things on and hope for the best.

This is probably my biggest issue. Plus, thematically, it steps on a lot of toes.

And now gibbing a gargoyle will hang your game.

I thought that multishot didn’t work with flurry? But, now that I think about it that might be only with Zen archers.

I noodled around with a sohei training in throwing to drop the two weapon fighting feats for two flurry attacks and a ki attack. It should work as well as any other throwing build but I never figured out what I wanted to do with the other 8 or 9 levels and put it aside.

• Lich and Angel Mythic Paths get access to their 10th level spells now;

Wut.

Also, yeah lots of reports of things breaking a lot.

That explains the issues I was having.

For the lich mythic path, what is the best companion / pet to get? I was thinking the heavy tank one, because I know at some point I lose the paladin lady and I would need someone to soak up the attacks. However I know there are other mechanics the come into play, like permanent undead pets you can get which might make the tanky choice moot.

A build I was reading earlier was suggesting going motherless (adds bite) Tiefling for a vivisectionist but then taking the Feral Mutagen feat at 3rd level. Do these stack, is there some synergy with them, because otherwise it seems like a poor build combo.

I am confused by this as well. Don’t they have a penalty to Intelligence?

Oh, they have a bite attack.

You get a Skeleton Minion dude at rank 3. The only Skeleton Minion worth tanking imo is the Vanguard one and it’s reasonably tanky.

The others are all attack based on a non-mythic, underlevelled unit. So basically they never hit anything that needs hitting.

As it upgrades you can take other stuff, but for me I made it a Fighter so it could get Outflank. It still rarely hit anything, but it could sit next to someone who could with a Tower Shield and give them more chance of hitting, while usually surviving.

Later on you can make it a Bard or Cleric. Cleric is pretty lame and what I went with. The Channel is bugged so it heals like 2. Literally 2. The utility spells are okay, but cap at level 5 iirc. Bard can do the Dirge song thing and shaken everything, even in full plate with a tower shield. There are other options, but they rely on it being able to hit things, which it wont be able to do at that point.

TLDR: You’ll probably have a pocket tank that’s reasonably good at it, so if you want a pet going a bit more offensive is probably better as a Lich, imo. Wolf, dog or death cats are all pretty good.

The mother background/race choice gives you a bite, but otherwise you don’t have one without the feral mutagen feat.

I think Kingmaker had a bug that gave you 2 bites?

I don’t know. I usually just pick the race that gives me points in my main stats, and maybe some good weapon proficiencies (although, now we have backgrounds).

Well, with the free respec it’s not like it can’t be easily fixed.

True, but respec loses you all the alignment points… which feels wrong, you know.

Now, here is a different question - Priest of Balance only seems to have 3 options for mythic path. Is Aeon the only strong option?

I did not know that.

I’ve yet to get a toon more than 9th level, just the beginning of act 3, so I know very little about the mythic paths.

The Motherless tiefling gets a bite no matter what. It counts as a secondary attack at -5 and 1/2 STR mod. It’s still OP and great for sneak attacks.

I don’t know what the Feral Mutagen would add on top of that.