Patreon and Q23 switching away from vBulletin

It is fixed. Now both @Enidigm and @DaveLong have access to the Patrons group.

Also Dave Long’s avatar has been made twice as large.

PRAY I DON’T ALTER IT ANY FURTHER

Thanks!

OMG A STAR TREK REFERENCE

YES! AS SAID BY SARUMAN

Ah, Saruman, played by Michael Gambon, I assume? Classic actor for a classic role.

Yes! By Grabthar’s Hammer, he’s so good in the part!

Thanks @vinkas and @wumpus and @tomchick! Looks like everything is fine now.

Shoooooo-ryu-ken!

Just thought it was cute to see Discourse save a forum!

I just got the Discourse app yesterday and I really dig having this site and Retro Game Boards in one place. I had no idea the all existed til then!

Very exciting Patreon picking method this week. I kept hoping Hyperion would get put on the right cup. And it was! Well done Alex Chapman, for such a great pick.

That’s one of the only science fiction books I bought based on the cover, back in 1991, from a mall Waldenbooks:

And since I loved it so much, that’s when I decided to look further into what other books won this “Hugo” Award. And that became my primary picking method from then on.

Hey cool, I just read that last year, and just finished it’s sequel last month. Really liked both of them.

Such a great series, looking forward to Tom’s thoughts.

Thanks, I try and pick something that I think Tom will like. I need to check out that AMC series “The Terror” now. I didn’t even know it was something to do with Dan Simmons.

An ex-colleague of mine gave me his paperback copies of Hyperion and I think the sequel way back, but I haven’t yet read them. He used to go on and on about them.

Very nice. The first two books were phenomenal in my decade-old memories.

I want a Shrike plushie.

The Hugo and Nebula awards seldom let one down. When a book wins both, it’s usually fantastic.

Another seminal SF novel I’ve never found time to read is Neuromancer. /hides head in shame