Patreon and Q23 switching away from vBulletin

Just remember, No thoughtful soliloquies over the dreamlike qualities of Fable 2 or how all the game mechanics finally come together in Fallout 4 survival mode. At least not between June 27th and July 1st.

If you create something fragile yet beautiful, deserving of preservation, evoking the shared humanity within all of us, you could always repost it on the new site.

The front page won’t have any downtime. When the forum is stable, we’ll get to the front page integration. Hmm, can we migrate Disqus content into a Discourse integration with the front page? I’ll have to look into that because I’d hate to lose the front page comments. Seriously, some of that stuff is freakin’ epic.

-Tom

Ain’t that Homefront review comments section a doozy! :D

I don’t know whether Wumpus automates that, but if not, I can look at writing a script to do it. The main issue will be that many Discus users won’t have Discourse accounts.

Hell, none of my comments there are linked to a username. Well, they are, but posted as a guest account using my same name as the forum.

And the randos from Metacritic? They never do, and my god are those comments…

If the username thing is an issue, we can figure a way around it. Let’s wait to see what Wumpus can do first, however.

Nah, I don’t care much personally.

But the glorious wreckage is at least amusing to remember. I mean, really, need I say more than Journey?

Comments to Tom’s reviews are pretty much all the evidence you need that Metacritic could DIAF and it wouldn’t be a loss.

Also kind of mess up my budget with all the popcorn I have to keep restocking.

We definitely have a Disqus importer and happy to put my top men on it… once the primary migration is complete.

TOP MEN

Does that mean you’re going to file the forums away in a colossal warehouse, need to be seen again?

ne’er! Why doesn’t autocorrect understand Olde Englishe?

I will be creating a thread on the 28th of June in vBulletin to the effect of “Say something that won’t be archived”. i.e. Games everyone loves but you are too nice to say you didn’t care for

I am looking forward to loosening the belt and letting it all hang out, right before moving on the gleaming shiny new discourse future.

I could really make some people angry with that. Last thing you need is me going on a diatribe on my real feelings on Bioshock.

I think it will be something good, like a tribal retreat for investment bankers. Let all of the negative energy out! We will be reborn in discourse!

You mean how it was a shitty sequel to System Shock 2?

It was a sequel to System Shock 2? I thought it was a “spiritual successor”. As a sequel, it makes absolutely no sense. As a successor, it does some really neat things.

I’m happy to start dissing Bioshock right now.

Dissing Bioshock isn’t all that controversial these days, surely? (I couldn’t even bring myself to finish it last year, when trying it for the first time ever). If you want to live dangerously, I think the only real option is talking trash about Witcher 3.

What is this “discord” things kids use these days?