Patreon and Q23 switching away from vBulletin

Hey everyone, we survived the migration!

We did, and it is awesome.

Aha! I was wondering about that myself, having ~2,300 unread topics to deal with…

I’m starting to miss the pages, I’m used to scrolling with the browser’s scroll bar and if I do that now and then go back to the top it gets reset back to its previous position.

On the plus side, between that and the Suggested Topics field going aaaalll the way back, I’m getting a real trip down memory lane.

Just go to the list of unread topics. There’s a button named “Dismiss” in the top left. You can use it to mark all unread as read (you can also unsubscribe from all topics, optionally - I wouldn’t recommend that though).

Merry Prankster won with the last post on the old boards at 8:28PM!*

Streetfighter 5

*I’m declaring stussers last test post ineligible.

Hey guys? Are we in heaven now?

:’(

Winner, winner! Chicken dinner!

I think I was the first non-admin to post on Discourse. I get a special prize, right?

Oh god, those useless hyperlink click counters are still turned on.

So, uh, weren’t all posts up to about a week ago supposed to be migrated? Because the System Shock Remake thread only has its posts up to March 17th.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-60088-its-alive-my-creation-is-alive-g2Ee.gif

Hooray!

Testing edits: they work. Also this is gonna take some getting used to. But I’ll adjust. Love the preview panel Jeff!

EDIT: NEVERMIND! DISREGARD!

Good catch, Zylon. That is a bit distressing. I wonder if @arpit.jalan or @wumpus could take a look? Here’s the thread on vBulletin:

And here’s where the import cut if off:

If anyone sees other issues like that, please let us know.

-Tom

As far as I can see there weren’t any posts in that thread between March 17th and June 28th?

Some certainly did. The frame game worked right until the switch. So there may be a few missing, but most I’ve checked worked?

Oops, you’re absolutely right. That’ll teach me to take a Zylon post at face value.

-Tom

Well, he didn’t technically say anything false; there were just some assumptions which turned out incorrect.

I guess this was covered, but why couldn’t we do an incremental import to get all the up-to-date content?

Not so easily done - and now that folks have started posting/replying, it would be even more messy. It was known there would be a week of ‘lost’ info - if there is anything of value that needs to be here, cut&paste works :)