Pax Transhumanity: Juan R, Matt W, tomchick, and Tom Mc take humanity to THE NEXT LEVEL!

Oh and if you all are interested in playing another Pax I would still want to play Renaissance. I had also just got Viking so I’m really eager to play that. I also want to get better at this one too. Between those three Viking has my vote. I think that can also go above four but I still have rules hashing out to do there.

You could have stopped the game from ending had you commercialized blue. If Tom had gone for the tipping point it would have been a paradigm shift regime (singularity scoring), so he would have had to hold, since he would have lost there.

Anyway, use patent and wealth to syndicalism reverse cyborg. Pay three to commercialize it.

I get the problem solved, and end up with a bien patent, one wealth and six debt.

Me. I must have missed something there if I commercialize blue it goes back to cloud being the dominant sphere. The end of game effect happens before the card is put into the spray so the blue on the tipping point isn’t a factor.

If I had seen you adding the blue on your turn me commercializing blue would have put it into paradigm shift. Ah well. Didn’t know about your plans there.

We really should have gotten rid of it sooner but it was going to be whoever could make use of it first.

This shifts to Cloud, which I think guarantees a @tomchick victory as he he’ll end up with more wealth than you… unless either of you has something beside blue as your hidden sphere.

EDIT: Oh wait I see your shield in the splay. Well played.

EDIT2: Except it’s on a white square so isn’t a shield. And Tom C will get a wild problem anyway.

I miscalculated and thought the tipping point card would go to the splay before triggering the game end, so that Cloud was inevitable anyway. Only until after reading @Tom_Mc reply I realized that was not the case, and it was too late.

Still going for singularity would have been an easier way to stop the tipping point.

I’m gonna run this through but even with taking a nuclear hit Tom will have the same VPs as Juan but will win by having more capital.

I’m quite a boardgamer but, nevertheless, reading the babble in this thread makes me wonder if four neural networks are attempting to sound like humans here.

• Logging begun

- 1st is syndication

• Blogger Agent moves Computing Patents → Blogger Wealth *

• Blogger Agent moves Blogger Wealth → Blogger Debt *

• Blogger Agent moves Blogger Wealth → First World Market (5) *

- now we are commercializing

- cost is three becuase this will be subsidized

• Blogger Agent moves First World Placard → First World Placard *

• Artificial Consciousness moves Cloud Problems → Blogger Placard *

• Blogger Agent moves Blogger Placard → Blogger Wealth *

• Reverse Cyborg commercialized (rotated CCW) *

• Reverse Cyborg moves Splay → Splay *

- no patent due to defense conrtactors

• Blogger Agent moves First World Market (5) → Blogger Wealth *
  • Logfile written.

EDIT: I didn’t do the regime change so I added it in an additional log file and updated the picture.

machine_learning_captcha

Maybe @tomchick will do some other move besides commercialize that tipping point.

No crosswalk option!

Why would he? sorry guys, I gave him the game unknowingly.

I don’t think you gave it up any more than the rest of us did. I actually did end up seeing how between you and I it could have been a paradigm shift for this current turn but that might have only kicked the can. I get the impression that this happens a lot in Pax games. Stuff will fly around and then all of a sudden some one can put themselves on a quick jump to victory. Of course, the reality is probably not really that chaotic and being a good player with a good understanding of the game state will help make sure it’s you that gets to make that jump. But I’m not either of those two things just yet in any Pax game.

Yeah, I didn’t want to be all “gg” after seeing that Tipping Point, but I’m pretty sure my last move was a checkmate. I could have missed something, though, so I stayed mum.

And the Tipping Point definitely does NOT go into the Splay when it’s commercialized. Tipping Points won’t change regimes because the Game End impact will trigger first.

-Tom

I had a very good shot at winning had you done that :P

If Juan would have gleamed the cube to trigger online pet food shopping to enable free two day shipping wars he could have caused a paradigm shift from late stage capitalism to kleptocratic off shore tax haven fortifications to stymie your move unless you got super lucky and he suffered an auto pilot beta testing critical failure and drove off a bridge.

I think we can all agree that if there’s one thing we learned from this game, it’s that cloud-based corporate infrastructure for universal biometric databases is the wave of the future.

-Tom

You guys should write more fanfic about this game.