Pax Transhumanity: Juan R, Matt W, tomchick, and Tom Mc take humanity to THE NEXT LEVEL!

Anyway, if you guys want to try Pax Viking or have another go at this I’m game.

As @Matt_W knows, I want to put up a HF4 forum/vassal game (that game needs players executing their moves in Vassal due to the complexity of the game) but I think I’ll do that come January (although Bios Origins is another one that I think will shine, and that can work as a pure forum game)

Do you own Viking?

Nope, I don’t

I have the physical edition of Viking and I found the vassal module, although I haven’t done much with it yet. I haven’t played it at all though. So I fear I would be prone to more rule mistakes than usual. I have played first edition Renaissance so I have had about the same prior experience as with Transhumanity, just not as recently. I would still happily try either.

@Juan_Raigada Speaking of High Frontier have you seen Stellar Horizons at all? That’s one that I would try to eventually organize but It’s also a long game. I loved High Frontier but as time went on ended up hating pretty much all the added modules. I pretty much consider High Frontier complete without colonist, bernals, GW Thrusters, futures or any of that.

If you decide to host Vikings and need a body, you have my beard.

Heathen! My experience with HF (2nd and 3rd editions, I have yet to play 4th) is that the game really shines with all “modules”. Some of my favorite gaming experiences have been such games (always by forum or email, since they are probably 15+ hour long games face to face).

I do own Stellar Horizons, and I would join a forum game of it, but from some tentative playthroughts I’ve had it feels a much more straightforward game, with the theme not being as strong. HF’s mechanics are very evocative in a way SH doesn’t seem to be (not having yet played a full game).

Totally agree with this. The 3-4 times I’ve played HF3 with all modules have been my favorite board gaming experiences, full stop.