Pax Transhumanity: Juan R, Matt W, tomchick, and Tom Mc take humanity to THE NEXT LEVEL!

So the answer to that is yes. If you want to submit a log along with your moves to the directory that would be good. Otherwise I will try to update it when I do mine. The important part is that it will be forum based. I am not expecting Tom or anyone else to do the vlogs. I view that as optional. I will just be using Vassal on my end to help track the board state.

Running your move through my Vassal now…

Ok log generated and uploaded:

• Logging begun

- Fundraising, no divestments, no collateral, capital accumulation moves all wealth to capital.

• Blogger Agent moves Blogger Wealth → Blogger Capital *

- Now syndicating Cashless Economics at a cost of 2.

• Blogger Agent moves Blogger Capital → Blogger Wealth *

• Blogger Agent moves Blogger Capital → Developing World Market (2) *

- With a surge into Quantum Cryptography

• Blogger Agent moves Blogger Capital → Developing World Market (3) *
  • Logfile written.

Hopefully this looks correct to everyone else. Next up is Colonel @tomchick.

Action #1: Fundraise
I find a Motley Crue tribute band to headline the event in the basement of a Methodist Church downtown. I charge $1000 a plate and serve chicken nuggets with unlimited catsup. I hire a local TV weatherman – who is a laugh riot! – to host the event. The end result is 7 cubes in Capital and 1 cube in Debt.

Action #2: Hire → Women’s Health Barrier, Developing World
Shout out to all the ladies in the Developing World! I move three cubes from Capital to Wealth to pay for the Hire action. I then Install one cube from Capital onto the Women’s Health barrier in the Developing World Infrastructure placard. I have sent Kaitlyn Dever to Africa to teach women how to make their own tampons (I promise that’s a reference to the movie Booksmart and not just me being crass!).

This leaves me with three cubes in Capital, three cubes in Wealth, and one cube in Debt. Over to Citizen @Matt_W!

-Colonel Tom

Updated the board here.

• Logging begun

- Fundraise no divestments, one capital will move to wealth along with one debt into wealth, all wealth will move to capital.

• Colonel Agent moves Colonel Capital → Colonel Wealth *

• Colonel Agent moves Colonel Debt → Colonel Wealth *

• Colonel Agent moves Colonel Wealth → Colonel Capital *

- Hiring one employee to freelance working towards woman’s health. This cost three.

• Colonel Agent moves Colonel Capital → Developing World Placard *

• Logfile written.

Citizen Matt - Turn 1:
Action #1: Fundraise - Leveraging our nascent company’s initial idea–a novel way of harnessing group dynamics–we’re able to convince venture capitalists that our ideas are sound, which pays off our initial business loan and allows us to invest in some human capital.

Action #2: Syndicate Mind-Machine MMI - The next phase of humanity’s evolution depends on a more efficient interface with our technology. We leverage most of our capital investment to focus our efforts on developing a better mind-machine interface.

@Tom_Mc I’m happy to run my own turns in Vassal if you throw a log file in the Drive folder. If you’d rather just run them all, that’s totally fine too.

As I do these I upload them to the drive folder. Feel free to examine them or use them to record your own turns. I have gone ahead and done Matt’s and myself.

- Fundraising no divestments.

• Citizen Agent moves Citizen Capital → Citizen Wealth *

• Citizen Agent moves Citizen Debt → Citizen Wealth *

• Citizen Agent moves Citizen Debt → Citizen Wealth *

• Citizen Agent moves Citizen Wealth → Citizen Capital *

- Syndication of Non-Invasive MMI

- cost is 4

• Citizen Agent moves Citizen Capital → First World Market (4) *

- Now my turn

- 1st action is to Fundraise

• Doctor Agent moves Doctor Capital → Doctor Wealth *

• Doctor Agent moves Doctor Debt → Doctor Wealth *

• Doctor Agent moves Doctor Debt → Doctor Wealth *

• Doctor Agent moves Doctor Capital → Doctor Capital *

• Doctor Agent moves Doctor Wealth → Doctor Capital *

- Second action will be to employ in those good ol western univerities. Let’s put those grad students to work.

• Doctor Agent moves Doctor Capital → First World Placard *

Being last here I didn’t think I was going to get the MMI that Matt just scooped up. I thought about paying the 8 for it but it was just too much. Instead I am just fundraising and putting these USCB grad students out here where I live to work and getting ready to get a Think Tank the old fashioned way.

Oh, and we are back around to @Juan_Raigada. Feel free to record your own vassal log or just leave the moves here and I will update.

Fundraise (no divestment) and hire into protectionism.

• Logging begun

- Blue is fundraising.

• Blogger Agent moves Blogger Debt → Blogger Capital *

• Blogger Agent moves Blogger Debt → Blogger Capital *

- Now hiring into Protectionism

• Blogger Agent moves Blogger Capital → Developing World Placard *

• Logfile written.

On to Colonel @tomchick.

I’d like to summarize end conditions for my own sanity because they’re surprisingly hard to pull from the rulebook:

If a tipping point card is commercialized scoring depends on the dominant regime

• regime of any color (2 out of 3 bottom cards in the splay match) scores VP for problems/companies in your hidden sphere + double VP for problems/companies in the dominant regime
  • globalization regime (3 bottom splay colors different) only scores problems/companies in your hidden sphere
  • paradigm shift regime (3 bottom splay colors all the same) only scores future shock (cubes in the splay)

If singularity (5 of same color in a row anywhere in the splay)

• only score future shock

If the plurality card is researched (must be syndicated first)

• score 1VP for any problem + another 1VP for problems in hidden sphere

If tycoon (any player has the opportunity to place a 5th company)

• that player wins

Note that tipping point cards cause a nuclear exchange in the card’s color prior to scoring and the plurality card causes a nuclear exchange in all four colors prior to scoring.

For a nuclear exchange, each player:

• counts up the number of uncovered black squares in the splay
  • subtracts the number of future shock cubes they have on black squares in the splay
  • discards that number of problems and/or companies in the nuclear icon’s color

Colonel Tom, Turn 2:

Action #1: Fundraise
This time I hang out on a streetcorner with a tin cup and sign that says “Support Digital Rights”. Surprisingly enough, it works! So, for Action #2

Action #2: Research
…I research Digital Rights! The cost to Research Digital Rights would normally be 8, since there are 4 barriers in the Developing World. However, since Globalization is in play, all work in the Developer World is subsidized. Therefore the cost to Research is only 4. I remove the Digital Rights card, slide the remaining five cards downward, and await the new card to be dealt to the top of the Developing World Sphere before finishing my turn.

-Colonel Tom

I’ve got vassal open here and going through the move. Fundraising without divestments was pretty straightforward and the cost for the subsidized work is good. I want to confirm a few more details. I imaging the employee doing the thinker work will be moving from Woman’s Health to Education? And, for Digital rights are you taking a Blue and Green Patent? It didn’t sound like this was heading for a think tank but I want to get this right.

Edit: I see Tom was waiting for the new card before making that last decision.

The new card is Genetic Augmentation. I had already moved the card to discard and set @tomchick up with the Patents but that can be changed if he would prefer the Think Tank.

Oops, yes, the work will be paid by moving my Employee to Education from Women’s Health with the express purpose of – ironically? – cockblocking Juan’s Employee so he has to go to India.

And, yes, I’ll be putting Digital Rights into my Think Tank. I just wanted to make sure the new Idea in the Developing World Sphere wasn’t anything that might make me want patents instead. Not that I could afford the agents anyway, but procedurally, I don’t have to decide until after any new cards is dealt.

-Tom

No, no, definitely the Think Tank, since I can’t afford to take two Agents off Finance at this point. Remember that you can make an Idea viable by swapping out your Think Tank, so this will mean I can make blue/green pairs viable for Commercialization.

Over to @Matt_W!

-Tom

corrected here: plz let me know if there is any issue

So I don’t pretend to be super experienced with this game, but we seem to have to some pretty, uh, remarkable Idea abilities in play. I think we’ve dealt ourselves quite the set-up here, in terms of having options to “break” the basic rules.

-Tom

The MMI and the always divest to capital are doozies. I kind of wish those hadn’t come out in the beginning.

Well, let’s see how this goes.

Citizen @Matt_W turn 2:

Action #1: Syndicate Cashless Economies, paying 2 money because Blogger @Juan_Raigada has an agent there. Surge to Quantum Cryptography. Should leave me with 5 wealth.

Action #2: Pay 1 money to Import Centralized Construct AI to my think tank. Should leave me with 4 wealth+1 debt.

@Tom_Mc give me a minute and I’ll update the logfile.

@Tom_Mc I think it’s your turn now.