Peace sells, but who’s buying? Anyone? Mandalorian, reasonable rates!

I don’t think Disney advertised it much. It came out in 2020 while D+ was still pretty new, but it was a show they stuck on their YouTube Star Wars Kids channel, which was a pre-D+ thing. Bad timing because all the marketing money was going towards promoting D+.

From Bo-Katan’s perspective, she is allocating power by forming a pragmatic alliance. This episode set the stage for her political ambitions. Before the episode, she had no allies and no prospects. After the episode, she has both.

To be fair, I’m speculating, but I don’t think it’s an unreasonable assumption given her behavior at the end of season 2, not to mention her brooding in the previous episodes. Certainly you can criticize the show as a whole for not making the overall plot clear, but it’s more of a secondary feature to the foreground episodic schtick.

It definitely seems like we’re heading towards re-occupying Manadlore with Bo-Katan as the leader, and the Mythosaur is going to play a key role.

Agreed, this episode was all about setting up Bo-Katan for a leadership role among the Mandalorians in the near future. She finds the wyvern’s nest, she leads the rescue party, she becomes accepted by the camp, and she confides in the armorer about seeing the Mythosaur. She’s beginning to see that her path to achieving her goal may be to stop dismissing everything about Mandalorian lore as nonsense and start accepting that there is something beneath all of the rituals and mantras that is important. As they have with so many characters throughout the series, Mando and Grogu have been instrumental in helping Bo-Katan become a better version of herself. It may as well be the theme of the whole show at this point.

As for the wyvern chicks, I would not be surprised if there is more there than simply not leaving them to die. Grogu has started his journey from foundling to apprentice, but despite the entertaining fight scene it’s obvious that he’s not going to be your typical Mandalorian enhanced warrior. Several times now however we have witnessed Grogu’s interactions with large and fearsome creatures, and his ability to somehow enter their minds and communicate with them on a primal level, calming them and even taming them. I suspect this will come into play with the wyvern chicks, and quite likely the Mythosaur eventually as well. Mandalorian lore shows them taming and riding beasts (presumably Mythosaurs?), and Bo-Katan now has a renewed purpose in reclaiming Mandalore…so putting two and two together equals Mythosaur.

Jesus F. Christ. Got close to having my morning coffee all over my screen. Perfection.

Didn’t mind the detour in last week’s episode since it was a bit of world building. The plot itself was a stretch though and the scheme seemed to be way too elaborate to just the get guy’s brain fried. She could have pushed the train or make sure he misses extremely risky and daring no-look jump.

As for the latest episode: yep, exceptions aside, the Mandalorians surely don’t come across as the most competent of people. Easily caught off guard, rarely on top of things, often responding like utter tools.

Since Mando has already completed redemption quest, there isn’t really anything he’s currently determined to do other than hanging with the Creed, no? Seems like BK is in the driver’s seat now plot-wise since she is the only one to have some sort of agenda and arc going right now. Everyone else is just biding their time until the inevitable return of Moff Gideon.

Au contraire, Mel Brooks disagrees:

The Fourth Great Ninja war really drives this home on Naruto. I’m supposed to believe these cannon fodder goobers passed the Chunin exam, let alone that many are Jonin?

Just gonna train up baby yoda to be a jedi/mando multi-class.

But if Grogu gets a helmet there won’t be much left of him! Some barely visible tiny hands emerging from his sack and a huge metal noggin.

Can beskar armor deflect a lightsaber the way it can lasers? He’d be pretty unbeatable if he got some of that.

I think that’s the gist, since the spear was effective against the Dark Sabre.

Yeah, Beskar is supposed to be able to resist light sabers. So, with extended exposure, you could burn through beskar with a light saber, but it’ll deflect the light saber in a normal sword fight situation.

His helmet will obviously need ear holes.

This is the way.

Cutest little (40k) Space Marine tbh

I thought this was a really enjoyable episode. And I guess we are now seeing the direction this is headed overall. But I’ll spoiler the part I loved most:

Zeb!!!

Yeah this season is good, Mandalorians fight like the Anchorman news teams

Tim Meadows is now part of Star Wars canon. What a time to be alive!

Carl weathers is high magistrate of a planet with like 15 dudes on it.