Pence doesn't have a chance in hell - so why is he running?

Is this just to humiliate himself?

Other republicans are running because they feel that if Trump is somehow forced out of the picture, they themselves will have a chance. Pence probably has better recognition than most but he is such a milqtoast character that there really is no way he could win.

But of all the GOP candidates he probably has as good a chance as any should Trump drop out.

If he shows up on the debate stage and punches DJT in the face, I would be tempted to vote for him.

They’re all hoping Trump drops dead or gets arrested, although getting arrested probably won’t move the needle much.

If only there had been some mechanism to prevent Trump from running for public office ever again.

Oh well, sucks when your party is a bunch of cowards.

minimalfixed

It’s pretty clear that Jan 6th caused an existential crisis for Pence, and now he is circling back, seeking that feeling again, chasing the connection to the vastness of the universe that he experienced on that day. As Camus put it:

As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again. For everything to be consummated, for me to feel less alone, I had only to wish that there be a large crowd of spectators the day of my execution and that they greet me with cries of hate

Pence wants to be hung on the White House lawn but he can’t just openly come out and admit that to himself. I’m like 98% sure that is the secret motivation behind his actions.

He just hopes to at least be a fly on the wall during the debates.

“…they said you was hung!”

Pence suspends his campaign. I think he’s the first major declared Republican candidate to drop out?

We can only assume mother told him it was time.

Pretty sure Larry Elder dropped out this week too. Larry who?

Guess I’m not voting for Mike Pence!

Pence thought republicans wanted a God fearing President when what they really want is the devil.

Is trump polling over 50% in the primaries? The thing is, the sensible thing to do is for all of them to drop out except one. But they all have such huge egos that they think they are the right choice, and it should be everyone else. So it’ll be a repeat of 2016 all over again.

Highlights from the Pence campaign…

I personally don’t sense a ton of enthusiasm.

The bigger problem for the GOP isn’t even Pence… look at those crowds.

And those crowds are led by the nose by Fox and Friends.