Pentiment - Obsidian's 16th Century Bavarian Narrative Adventure

They’re owned by Microsoft now, right? And BG3 was published by Larian itself? Unless Microsoft wants to exclusively throw its RPG dollars down the Bethesda well, they can surely scrape together one or two hundred million dollars for a competitive title?

I think it would really be something to see what Obsidian could do with an actual budget.

Yeah, but not for a Pillars game, I don’t think. As much as I love them, that’s a hell of a spend on that IP at this point, especially when it’s mostly faded from the minds of the masses.

Not saying they wouldn’t get a big budget to something competitive in the RPG world, I just don’t think it’ll be a Pillars game.

But prove me wrong MS, prove me wrong.

I think they’d screw it up. You need to work your way up in budgets so you can learn how to spend it.

Do you think the budgets of Pillars of Eternity 2 and Divinity Original Sin 2 are that different? I haven’t played either of them, but they seem to be in roughly the same ballpark to me.

Well I didn’t play poe2… so I guess my opinion ain’t worth too much :)

Obsidian went full VO on PoE2 as a direct result of D:OS2 going full VO. They initially didn’t want to do it though…

Also that dumb ship combat mini-game kinda screwed them and was a real resource drain.

An interesting look at some of the literary and cinematic influences for Pentiment.

Thanks for posting this, was a good watch. And reminded me this is on my backlog which I now plan to fire up.

Found on the former bird site

That’s my favorite thing I’ve seen in quite a while.