Penumbra Overture - too scary to play!

Ok I picked up this great little title the other day and finally got around to trying it… Even though I’m still in the same place I was in the demo, it’s just SO DAMN SCARY! … I can’t really handle horror movies… but games just make it worse (first person view and all). I’m thinking I’ll be playing this one during daylight hours only!

Absolutely excellent game, and scary as hell.

WTF. Details

I just checked out the demo - seems like it could be a really neat game, though sometimes interacting with objects in the world seems weird (I really struggled opening the hatch for some reason). Seems like it might be a great buy for $20. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Cthulhu inspired horror adventure game. Nice system of manipulating the environment using a your ‘hand’ to pull, lift and shove stuff around. Good physics in there. Scary damn environment and effects, good story so far too! Go grab the demo.

http://www.penumbra-overture.com/

awesomo!

Nice system of manipulating the environment using a your ‘hand’ to pull, lift and shove stuff around.

Yes, but if you look down in the game, can you see your health meter on your boobs?

Mmmm booobs!

Cool, you can get it for PC, Mac, or Linux.

Edit: Yay, the Linux version runs full-screen across both my monitors (ie, half on one, half on the other). They suggest farting around with X configs in their forums, but meh, I’ll just try the Windows version instead.

Excellent game, but too short. Also, the physics simulation is (mostly) great, but it really hampers combat. They should have included some helps like target lock or something.

Why have I never heard of this, if it’s so awesome? I just wish it were for consoles, so my wife and I could play together.

I’ve made two topics about this game already. If you like system shock, thief and scary-assed games, you’re going to love this.