People Who Post Spoilery Spoilers - Fuck You

So yeah, I’m loving the Game of Thrones show, and of course I wanna come here to talk about it, but in BOTH god damned threads – even one that says no spoilers – some fucks couldn’t STFU about what happens in the god damned books.

Does it make those folks feel better/superior to know stuff we as folks who didn’t read the books didn’t? Can’t you just let people who are watching the show who haven’t read the books just enjoy the fucking thing without ruining it for people who don’t WANT to know everything?

Sorry for my rant, I just really hate spoilers, and I also hate when people just flippantly post spoilers without any god damned consideration.

Fucking. Arg.

Since this thread doesn’t specify non-spoilers are we allowed to poist spoilers in here?

I hear ya. I have no desire to read those threads anymore. People just come off as holier-than-thou with the constant “Can’t wait to see how they handle Arya’s transformation into a Lin Kuei cyborg! Oh sorry, I know all about that because GRR Martin told me about it when I had him sign my first edition of book 4”, not to mention the obvious spoilage. And hell, I’ve READ the first few books, I just don’t remember every last little detail and enjoy having it told to me again by the show.

I heard at the end of [REDACTED] that [REDACTED] dies.

Snape kills Dumbledore?

Witcher 2 features naked women?

It’s funny, I didn’t know that one EITHER until someone spoiled it for me.

Someone should spoil The Mousetrap in this thread.

We should try petitioning Tom for spoiler tags again!

I would just kill for spoiler tags. Are they that difficult to implement?

Tom has said he doesn’t want to encourage the snarky abuse of spoiler tags that he’s seen in other forums. (NEOGAF)

Or people could just not post spoilers.

Though while I can see the spoilery offerings in the other thread being annoying to viewers, the majority of them are either just stupidity like ‘oh, if you think that was good, just wait and see!’ which isn’t much of a spoiler but just makes the person saying it look like a dickbag or else they’re of the ‘in the books that character is actually Korean’, which isn’t much of a spoiler, makes the person saying it look like a dickbag and is also generally useless information. So far I don’t think anyone has actually ruined any real plot points.*

It’s annoying and stupid and people should stop doing it. As I said yesterday (when I posted) I am trying to avoid posting in that thread at all (at which I am obviously not doing a great job) and that would probably be a good idea for everyone who has read the books. Including people who think they can behave themselves, because tolerances for spoilers are different between people and it’s entirely possible that facts can slip without you even realizing it.

*This paragraph is not meant to excuse the spoilers, but to let Brian Rubin know that he can probably read the non-spoiler thread without feeling too threatened.

Rosebud is the sled.

Well said, but I don’t want to be spoiled of ANYTHING, not even minor information, you know? I wish people had some sort of restraint.

Woolen Horde posted a pretty major spoiler for the first season in the thread, I PMed him and asked him to remove it, but I will admit I didn’t notice it the first time.

Glad I missed that.

In all seriousness, I agree with this. I’m reading the non-spoiler thread but I won’t post in it. Even if I manage to avoid spoilers, my opinions of the characters are informed by the books.

Yeah, spoiler tags are totally abused there. All non-spoiler threads should be headed with “stay out you book reading fuckwads”. :)

Currently trying to avoid spoilers for GoT even though I am reading the books.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

I’ve never been to NEOGAF, might I ask how they abuse them there?

I’m totally on board with this plan. :)

Damnit! Now there is no reason for me to buy the game! Thanks a lot!

Oh, wait . . .

;-)