Pet Thread III: The Revenge

That’s a great cat, Denny. I love giant cats, and extra toes are extra cool. 8) An old friend once had a cat with six toes, plus two extra claws between the toes. I always had pretty good luck with shelter cats (especially former strays), because I think they appreciate a warm place to sleep, constant food supply, and human attention.

We had to give away our cats because of kid allergies. We found them a nice home, which took a little while. The people that adopted them sent us a Christmas card the next year with pictures of the cats, so we would know they were doing OK. :D

Pretty cat.

But you got a cat sent to you thru UPS?

Chet

It was Next Day Air… what’s the beef?

Ok, I’ve got nothing against cats, but aren’t there any dog people here?
Well, here’s Barkley, the laziest Rottweiler ever:

Denny, I have two words for you that will make you rich: piano lessons.

My doggie, Sorry (she’s the one taking it easy):

She’s 12, and in generally good health for a basset. She has separation anxiety though, from losing her previous owner, so we can’t leave her alone in the house.

“Cheese!”

This is Sophie. She is an expert in psy-ops:

Christ! Did you know that your cat has a cybernetic eye?

[cue Terminator music]

I work in the local UPS hub. The other day someone came to the customer counter to send out a bunch of live bees. It was BAD ASS! There were like eight or ten boxes all about the size of a brick. Each one had, on the smallest sides, a double layer of fine mesh to allow light and air to pass in and out of the box. So I picked one up and was basically staring right into a collection of dozens of bees in each brick, buzzing along and just making honey and so on. It was creepy.

Also to Slothrop, great pics. I love goofy looking dogs, and I still prefer dogs over cats (previous cat posts notwithstanding).

We prefer to say regal rather than goofy, at least when Sorry’s around. She’s very sensitive.

Not only is that eye cybernetic, it’s bigger than the other one! She’s a cybo-mutant kittie that poops in the bathtub.

LMAO. You want to talk psychology and cats. My brother’s kids brought a cat home from the shelter. He is not a cat person, nor is his wife. So they made a little den for her on a shelf in the garage, and they have a cat door to the outside and a litter box. They live in the country so being an outdoor cat is cool. Funny part is the cat shits on my brother’s car windshield every night. He wakes up, heads to the garage to leave for work every morning and is welcomed with a nice little cat shit on his side of the front windshield. CLASSIC! :lol:

Our house is a cat playground. She is hiding in this picture of our kitty preserve:

We put a 2x6 across the gap for her use:

So she can walk between that and her baskets:

She’s livin in a kitty paradise. Every once in a while she likes to sit on top of that scratching post in the first picture to be top cat over everybody.

Very cool cat setup, Slothrop.

Mitty is keeping me on my toes. It’s been 14 years since I had a three-year-old cat. :) And Bill was never that adventurous, where Mitty wants to get up on top of everything and check it out.

Any tips on getting a cat to learn to use a scratching post? Bill was declawed when I adopted him, so I don’t have experience there. Mitty seems to think “well, this carped matches the scratching post, so I’ll just use that.”

Got a closer look at his paws now that he trusts me… He has 7 toes on his left foot, 6 on his right.

Nobody tell Senator Kelly.

The first thing I do after Mitty and I finish our plan for world domination is outlaw alternative comics.

I’m talking to you, Zippy the f*cking Unfunny Pinhead.

Thanks for illustrating my point. :-)

Hope you don’t, like, draw that or something…

They’re from Jerk City. Here’s one for old Usenet denizens: http://www.jerkcity.com/jerkcity1105.html

If language is a problem, then that is not work safe. The images are all stock Microsoft Comic Chat images, as usual.

Denny’s got a polydactyl cat! I’m jealous. I now have to glue extra toes to my cats (let’s see…Martha Stewart says: “cut the ends off of Q-Tips and dye them the appropriate hues, then glue. Be sure to let faux toes dry completely before releasing cat”). Maine Coons are great. Here’s Helix (R.I.P.) as a kitten goin’ for a ride:

Yup, Coons rule!

There is sorrow enough in the natural way
From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store,
Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware
Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy
Love unflinching that cannot lie–
Perfect passion and worship fed
By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.
Nevertheless it is hardly fair
To risk your heart for a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years which Nature permits
Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,
And the vet’s unspoken prescription runs
To lethal chambers or loaded guns,
Then you will find–it’s your own affair–
But…you’ve given your heart for a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will,
With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!);
When the spirit that answered your every mood
Is gone–wherever it goes–for good,
You will discover how much you care,
And will give your heart for the dog to tear.

We’ve sorrow enough in the natural way,
When it comes to burying Christian clay.
Our loves are not given, but only lent,
At compound interest of cent per cent.
Though it is not always the case, I believe,
That the longer we’ve kept 'em, the more do we grieve:
For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,
A short-time loan is as bad as a long–
So why in Heaven (before we are there)
Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

Rudyard Kipling