Phantom Fury - Shelly is from Ion Fury is even more 3D

Looks like a baby conceived by scrapped Duke Nukem Forever levels, and an unreleased SiN expansion.

And…that doesn’t sound that bad, actually!

It’s weird that they’ve announced the follow-up game to Ion Fury when they still haven’t released the DLC to Ion Fury.

It’s also weird that it’s not the same studio.

Why are they going the crappy graphics on-purpose route?

It is an odd turn of events but I came across this clarification regarding the expansion from a team member that clarifies the situation. Basically it boils down to a combination of the add-on expanding in scope, modern 3DR being a bit of a Mickey Mouse operation where no one is paid anything until the product ships, and the ills that come with part-time, hobbyist game development, which led to Aftershock missing numerous dates. The sequel is being made by Slipgate, a team of assorted contract freelancers spread across the world and full-time Dane devs, the latter previously working under the name Interceptor that made the ROTT reboot and the original Bombshell back in 2016. Judging from Twitter convos, a bunch of them are, at the very least, pulling double duties on this and Graven.

I wonder what bigoted and hateful things they’ll hide in their levels this time.

I was thinking that too. However, it is a new team.

not good

Gahhhhhh. Checkpoint saves!

Checkpoint saves? Didn’t the UN outlaw those? If not, they should.

I’ve preferred Checkpoint saves since the original Half Life introduced them to me. I didn’t really realize that I hated saving the game manually until Half Life made it unnecessary.

Well, until the last few levels, when they suddenly stopped doing it and I had to manually save again like a peasant.

Checkpoint saves can be ok, if the designers are both very good at what they are doing and what they are doing aligns with your personal cadence as it were. Trouble is, if these two things are not true, you have no recourse.

I know nothing about this game, but I want it to fail in retribution for the headache I got trying to parse the grammar of the thread title.

Word.

Did you succeed because I can’t fathom it.

Even more amusing
https://twitter.com/Civvie11/status/1782728464748925166