Phoenix Point - new Julian Gollop turn-based strategy game

I definitely have Phoenix envy.

Couple of other reviews if anyone is interested:

All the reviews seem positive, the biggest mark against the game is what was expected: technical issues / bugs, it doesn’t have the polish of an AAA game. I will wait a pair of months until the important bugs are cleared off!

This guy didn’t think it was different enough from the Firaxis XCOM, near as I can tell. 3/5.

Tom is going at it

Ohhh! That’s cool. Maybe I can sneak away from the salt mines for a bit to check it out.

I have only played past the tutorial and the first mission, and i only have one tip so far: install this on an SSD drive.

For some reason I wrongly thought this was coming to PC GamePass. Forgot it’s Epic exclusive.

It’s coming to GamePass.

It is coming, but they didn’t get the build to MS until late so it has a few days to go through cert process.

Oh i was hoping they resolved the long initial loading times from the beta.

None of the reviews I’ve read address my biggest gripe with XCOM where it can take you several hours to realise you’ve lost the game because you fell behind the power curve a dozen missions ago.

For those of you that have the game? Is this a must-buy based on your maybe brief time with it?

But that’s the harsh reality of alien invasion.

I’m bummed this is a few months from XBOX release.

ACG liked it but said it’s a bit rough around the edges, so his advice was to wait for a sale

I don’t have it yet, but Tom’s livestream sealed the deal for me.

To be honest, this might be good enough for me!

My cop[y is also downloading now. However it is 2200 here, no way am I playing tonight.

Honestly, I never had that in my games, or at least very rarely. 1st firaxis Xcom, took me a few tries before realising satellite spam was the way forward.

I either quit long before that (usually in rage at the 99% shot missing hahah) or I powered through and won.