Phoenix Point - new Julian Gollop turn-based strategy game

The synedrion pistol is useful, especially as a sniper with the quick shot ability can get 7 or 8 shots off.

The synedrion sniper rifle that does paralysis is great! When im in capture mode, My snipers bring down the target enemies in now time for capture.

Every time I move a unit the camera moves around to the enemies. Then it pauses and takes a long time to go back to my trooper. Does anyone else have this experience? I cannot find a keyboard command to move back to my active unit in key bindings (like some type of camera center command).

Am I missing something obvious??

Is your mouse hovering over the little icons indicating the aliens in view? This would snap the camera to them.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I must have been doing that all this time.

Thanks, @Chappers!

But is there a key to center on your active unit?

I do not think there is a centering key. I tried clicking on the unit icon thinking it would center but it brings up their info screen.

If you tab between your soldiers does that centre on them?

It does yeah. And good shout on mouse hovering over the little icons, I totally forgot about that and it caught me out a few times!

Question for you. I’m at the mid game stage and have little left to research because I have not captured any aliens yet. Can you still complete the game without capturing them or is it necessary?

I’ve not double checked but I’m pretty sure that you do need to capture some specific types at certain points to progress critical research topics tied to the main questline.

NB: It’s not that difficult to capture pandorans and once researched you can turn captives into food. Yum!

You need to capture aliens. Gives you new research for new weapons. Give all your solders the nureal hand thing and zap aliens multiple times to paralyze. After you research them, you’ll still want to capture as you can turn them into resources (mutons or food)

Thanks, i assume aliens are surprisingly delicious.

Sushi for everybody!

I started a new game of this a few days ago to check out how the game has progressed since the original release and…I’m not sure if I’m playing this correctly.

I started out in South America and after doing a few missions it tells me to go to some locations in Asia to do some story missions…and in order to do that I’m supposed to activate every single Phoenix base along the Western coast?

I’ve spent the past few months just researching and exploring various spots with very little in the way of challenging battles to try to gain enough resources to activate the spots I need to make my way over there while slowly losing interest…is this how the game supposed to be paced or am I missing something?

I’ve never started in SA, but I would recommend exploring al the points of interest you see on your map. You need a satellite for your area around the base to reveal them, but even the ones at the edge of your range might be close enough to pop other points of interest into view when you are near. You should be able to see all the bases at some point. Open up ones with satellites already operational if you can. Otherwise, raid the local settlements for materials.

Also, it may help if you can steal a thunderbird or tiamat, as they have longer range than the manticore.

New patch out and I noted the following in the notes:

Tactical

** In order to prevent misfires due to flinching, targets will now freeze during the firing sequence when shooting in Free Aim.*

Congrats QT3, you did it!

O RLY?!

Guess everyone who said “IT’S NOT A PROBLEM!!!” disagrees with the developers.

Phoenix Point may be back on the menu, boys.

Although wait. Does this change the deal where you might be aiming, and the monster is squirming around, and you should wait until it squirms so its head is in your sights rather than behind a wall or whatever? Can someone check before I re-install? Sounds like nah. “During the firing sequence” is not “during the aiming sequence.” And “flinching” is not “writhing.” Phoenix Point back off the menu.