Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Looks like the trailer dropped a bit early.

http://planescape.com/

Makes sense.

The great shame of all these “enhanced editions” is that the original 2D art was lost, so you’re playing on a 2017 27" 4k high-DPI screen… with blurry 640x480 backgrounds. Or with everything so zoomed out that the camera is in the stratosphere.

Just got an email from GOG, looks like they’re offering a 30% discount for preorders if you own the original.

I know that was the case for the original Baldur’s Gate, but are you sure that’s true here?

Just a guess. The shots looked blurry to me.

Maybe I’ll finally have to play this. So if you had it pick one would you recommend this enhanced edition, or the Tides of Numenera?

T:ToN felt forced and too derivative, in addition to having a terrible RPG system.

I stopped playing when I walked into the bar.

I will have pick up Torment:EE. I have all the other Beamdog releases.

I will probably get this. I’ve started the original game at least 8 times in the last 15 years and though I love what I’ve played of it, never get more than 8 hours into it when I stop playing for some reason or other (not related to the game itself).

Oh man…I played this when it was out, and was absolutely loving it, and had a computer ending mishap about 2/3rds of the way through and never went back to it. I’d love to revisit this, as I remember it being a really engaging experience.

I loved that part! That was the moment I went from not being sure I was going to get on with Torment: Tides of Numenera to trusting the developers enough to just go with the game, even during it’s weaker later sections.

I just loaded up the original Planescape: Torment, and I think it holds up well. So I’d actually recommend that over Torment: Tides of Numenera (which I like a lot).

The same is true of me and Planescape. . . and also FF7, curiously enough (well, I got further once, to the weird little “tower defense” minigame on the worldmap, and no further).

OK, much obliged!

For me the best part is that I can finally replay PT on my tablet. Did that with Baldur’s Gate and it worked suprisingly well.

Faq here:

Here’s a 1080p screenshot, backgrounds are definitely the 640 originals, although they look okay zoomed out: http://planescape.com/img/screenshots/desktop/03.png

But… I played like this already, I used a mod that recompiled the graphics to play a zoomed out but higher resolution graphics.

Ah ok, they should cancel it then.

Looks like there are a lot of fixes, it’s not just about higher resolution.

Delighted about this.

But part of me doesn’t want to risk damaging my memory of this as the greatest game I’ve ever played. It’s top of the pile for me, a complete masterpiece.

Playing it again, albeit remastered, might highlight some of the flaws that nostalgia is shielding me from.

I’m in the same boat. I replayed BG2 a few years back and it tarnished my fond memories of it. Not sure I want that to happen to PST.