Planet Coaster - Rollercoaster Tycoon with Frontier Development

Universal Studios DLC:

That’s cool. This is still on my list when i finally finish one of the other games that it is.

I guess we know which studio Frontier’s upcoming movie licence game is from.

Spooky DLC Pack coming on 9/25. $10.99

The content pack contains two new powered tracked rides, a spooky themed wall set and static and animated attachments, special effects, shop fronts, path extras, doors and windows, fences, triggerable coaster doors, themed custom signs and facility signs, and themed hats for your Planco avatars. We’re also joined by a new entertainer, King Ghoster, who will happily haunt your parks and thrill your guests!

The Hoax is a free-spinning haunted house ride with a tight track that twists and turns through each corner, and the Huntsman is Planet Coaster’s first ever motion platform ride which rotates on an axis and fits the theme perfectly. As always, the rides are fully customisable so it can fit your park just the way you want it to.

In addition to this paid content pack, we’re also releasing a third coaster, the In-Descent, for everyone to enjoy for free!

The Spooky pack is out and it’s really nice so far. Pretty hefty pack of goodies. People on the internet are of course complaining that it wasn’t another free content dump. I just don’t get it. The company has been giving away free content for a year and when they ask for one paid DLC people gripe. Oh we the entitled masses…

EDIT P.S. Anyone get really into this game that wants to share some screenshots? I’d love to see what other QT3’ers have made in the past…

Technically, this isn’t the first paid DLC pack. The Universal Studios bits were first.

But I’m with you. There’s more than enough content in the base game for people to build whatever they want already. A few dollars for haunted house stuff isn’t crazy. If Frontier really wanted to get greedy, they could implement random loot crates that drop periodically with keys on sale in the Steam Market for $2 a pop.

A great update coming for 1.4 which is the 1 year anniversary edition including

• Four new rides including a water coaster
  • Vendor management features
  • Picnic benches
  • Staff Management building

What’s always kept me at arm’s-length on this game, despite being very interested in it, is the early reports of people just being baffled by what to do, that the learning curve was a cliff.

Has it gotten any better in that regard? A more accessible on-ramp?

I actually think the game is very approachable from a theme park management point of view. The scenarios really do a good job of introducing you slowly to the different park management and building pieces. I think the difficulty curve comes into play when you want to go from this…

to this:

Still the game is more of a theme park builder then it is a theme park manager, so keep that in mind if you are looking for more of a simulation, and less of a lego box…

Also coming in 1.4 is a Scenario Editor!

An image of the new Weisshorn flat ride:

100% this. There really is almost no challenge in park management.

I’ve dodged that particular bullet by building a pirate park, where every ramshackle building is made from shipwreck debris. (I wish they had more shipwreck scenery, though…)

Coupled with the wild west building stuff, and the tropic nature stuff, you can build some awesome looking pirate rides =) I am somewhere in the middle of the two extremes. I like building pretty things, but I don’t go out of my way to make all of my buildings works of art.

My actual bummer came when I found out my computer can really only do about 8,000 park guests, and maybe 1/3 of the map filled in before it starts really chugging on anything other then low settings. You can’t really fill in the entire map with park like you could the older games.

The game is probably the best park building game ever, but it barely makes the top 10 best theme park management games in my book.

Oh my, the anniversary update is many of things I’d been wanting. When is it due?

I think we have a new winner.

Holy cow. that is a ridiculous amount of work. So well done! But you have to wonder, is that person still sane after this project?

Blown away. Can’t believe all of that was done in Planet Coaster.

That’s completely insane…wow. I can’t even imagine how long that took.

I would ride the shit out of that.

Amazing, insane, work.

Wow! This persons a major talent! Awesome!

I think this may be, hands down, the most impressive user-made creation ever in any video game.