Play by Forum: Hexplore It - The Sands of Shurax

Potential drawback is its basic attack does 9 health damage to two targets. And Unyielding means could be the same target twice. I’d say wait and save our items and energy for the caravan.

We could floating city a bad action roll from the dragon

Good point. Well I’m down and @Ormus says go for it. I’ll do my first mastery then sustain it and do electrify for free using empowered.

I’d point out that actually all of its attacks are potentially a problem for you. That first one will very possibly kill someone. The second will do 7 health damage to everyone, which would potentially kill Chimminy but probably won’t due to Defend, but it will also cap your damage at 14 total partywide. And the third one will heal it by 14 before it would otherwise die. Basically it’s likely to be a long fight and the longer it goes the more danger you’re in.

Still committed to the Dragon? If so, I’ll get that going later tonight. Otherwise I’ll start up the Caravan.

Also, poking @Thraeg for those gear picks.

Think maybe caravan is worthwhile but I’m pretty drunk so I trust y’all to make the best choices

I’ll put one in Survival and one in Ectoplasmic Growth

Pretty sure the Caravan trip is happening either way, just seeing if y’all want to fight a big boner…I mean, bone dragon…first.

If you are opening the floor to all pretty drunk people I vote dragon.

Well, I’m currently intending to run the dragon fight unless y’all change your mind, but I gotta get up early tomorrow so it’s gonna have to be after work. Sorry!

Okay, here we go. Bone dragon time.

Round 1:
Declaration.
Cheya uses Leather Grip, spending 1 energy. This will deal 17 health damage.
Akbar attempts to use All Tied Up w/ secondary Triggered Assault, spending 2 energy. Akbar is Poisoned and must succeed at a Survival check to use energy, also loses 1 Health. Rolls 8, 2 higher than needed. Gonna executive call Chimminy using 3 of his 2-over-max energy to make this check succeed. (2 more successes required to clear Poisoned). Usual two rolls on the boss action, w/ rerolls, also 7 Health damage.
Orion attempts to use Mental Manifestation and Mind Trap, spending 1 energy for the two actions and 1 for Mind Trap, but is Poisoned (losing 1 health also). Survival check. 6. Failure. Just defends with Mental Manifestation for 7 Defend.
Chimminy uses Whirling Blades, spending 1 energy. Will deal 13/13 health damage or 13/13/13 if not targeted. Also gains Defend 5 by spending energy.

Opponent Phase:
D6 roll: 5. Group Size Matters = Piercing Energy Drain and heals for twice the damage dealt.
Second roll: 3. Group 7 Health damage, plus capping everyone’s damage at twice their Food Rating.
Opting for 5.

Resolution:
Cheya takes 3 Piercing Energy Drain, Akbar takes 2, Orion takes 2, Chimminy takes 0. The Dragon will heal for 14.
Cheya deals 17 health damage to the dragon, reducing it from 30 to 13.
Akbar deals 7 health damage to the dragon, reducing it from 13 to 6.
Chimminy deals 13 and then 13 health damage to the dragon, reducing it from 6 to -7, and then -7 to -20. Even after 14 points of healing, the dragon is below 0 at the end of the round and dies.

Rewards: 1 platinum; each party member receives 20 gold and a Power Up card.
Power Ups:
Cheya

Akbar

Orion

Chimminy

You have one other card stashed. Stash or take? @ArmandoPenblade
I swear I shuffled.

The new Circumstance is:

Let me know what items you might want to use before tackling the Caravan Journey.
But here’s the first event:

Keep in mind this Caravan Master does not sell items. Secondly, keep in mind that after two events she brings a friend (who probably does sell items) who will add on two more events but will add their bonuses and give you both sets of rewards at the end.

Sorry that took so long!

I’d like to take my Ironscale Potion to raise energy and then I think I can go first with that event.

Gonna stash. I can go 2nd or 3rd here gladly. Don’t think I’ll heal up yet.

Okay, you’re looking at 7 Energy Drain.
Cheya steps up, needing 8 and 8 respectively and having a -1 bonus from Camping. Testing: 7 (8-1), 1 (2-1). Success, Critical Success. Energy Drain reduced by 6. Cheya suffers 1.
Chimminy steps up, needing 6 and 4 and having a -1 bonus. Testing: 1 (2-1), 7 (8-1). Critical Success, Fail. (I swear these dice are actually randomized.) Energy Drain cleared.
Both heroes Crit Succeeded, so we roll the Pyramid d4: 3. Each hero gains a Power Up.

Cheya:

Stash or roll, @Matt_W . You have zero other stash cards currently. (Also, which stats if you roll, keeping in mind it’ll be 3 total if you luck out?)
Akbar:

Stash or roll, @Ormus (you have 1 card stashed)?
Orion:

This is a bit different than the other Evolve cards we’ve seen so far. Those either turned into a copy of a mutation you had, or if you had none, gave you a stat boost. This does nothing until you get a mutation, and then it’s a copy of that mutation and +4 energy.
Chimminy:

Stash or roll, @ArmandoPenblade ? (You have 2 cards stashed.)

Next event:

Remember, there will be a second master and two more events if you stay with the Caravan, which you will miss out on if you don’t. But also, the Black Pyramid!

I’m gonna use the upgrade now to gain a point in Electrify (for the bonus ally damage) and a point in defend. EDIT: and if I get lucky add a point to my health as well.

And I’ll step up again first for this second event. I’ll have to read up on the black pyramid, but it’d be a shame to skip it.

Reading about the black pyramid, I think we should skip it for now. There’s massive potential to advance the villain a bunch of times before we find an exit in there. We’re heading back to the waste specifically to try to avoid that.

Yeah, I think we gotta skip it for now sadly. I’ll step up second again though. Do we still get to place it if we skip? To go to later? Wording doesn’t seem to connect the placing to the going, honestly.

I’ll go ahead and roll my stash. Would folks mind if I sky city it once if need be? Hah, I’ve got such shit luck with them

Pretty sure it’s all one piece. You go now, or you take your chances on finding it later.

I don’t mind. Go for it. The party gains when any of us gets stronger.

Also good lord we wrecked that fuckin dragon and the event alike