Play by Forum: Hexplore It - The Sands of Shurax

Yeah, I’m down for Northwest. I’d also like to get some Extraction Tools sooner or later, to start harvesting some Crystals. . . I think that’s gotta wait till we’re back at a city, though, given the cost.

Yeah, let’s make this our next objective after we get some more HOT tiles out. We can definitely afford them at this point. With Faders rep, we can also harvest crystals by visiting ruined villages.

Note that you don’t need the Extraction Tools to harvest Crystals, they just give you more of them.

Yes, and I am all about Dat Efficiency!

Here’s the result of your exploration. I guessed at orientation but it is of course up to you:

Also during Movement you all Raise 2 Energy from the Waterskin. (But you were already at full, so the Healing from the Survival Kit is irrelevant.)

Skills:
Cheya rolls Explore and Survival, needing 4, 6. Rolling: 4, 1. Success, Critical Success. 2 gold gained. 1 food gained as there is no reason to choose the other two crit options currently. Waterskin negates Heat Exhaustion so no need to eat.
Akbar rolls Explore and Survival, needing 4, 6. Rolling: 1, 10. Critical Success, Critical Failure. 3 gold gained, 0 food consumed due to Metabolic.
Orion rolls Explore and Survival, needing 3, 2. Rolling: 10, 7. Critical Failure, Failure. 2 food consumed, leaving Orion at 0.
PS, @Thraeg , I just noticed that your racial lets you pay energy instead of gold for an item once a turn. probably worth keeping in mind.
Chimminy rolls Explore and Survival, needing 5, 5. Rolling: 10, 1. Critical Failure, Critical Success. 1 food gained.

Circumstance:
Rolling d6: 2. Pursued by the forces of Astonal the Lost Arbiter…or you could be, if you weren’t moving cautiously. You may discard this Circumstance: do you?
Either way, the new circumstance in that slot is:

Oh that’s awesome

Yes, we definitely do.

And I think we should orient the tile with the highland mission spot counterclockwise 2 spaces, which gives us the chance to cautiously travel to that spot to help Cervilia fight off the Tarrian guards and reveal new tiles next turn. Likewise, turn the caravan tile one spot counterclockwise so we can reach that the turn after if we so choose. Does that work for y’all? @ArmandoPenblade, @Thraeg, @Ormus?

I trust your ability to imagine spaces utterly, Matt

Sounds good to me

Where can I get a copy of this Mod?

It’s not officially available, I put it together myself. My understanding is that Mariucci Designs are not interested in having a TTS mod available so I have not uploaded it to the workshop. Sorry!

Sorry about the delay, especially for a pretty short post.
Adjusted the tiles, will show you the results in a second. No event phase stuff.

Ravager Phase
Since it is now Act II, placement rules for emergence, and timing change. The Ravager specifically targets the tile you’re on if there’s a node available, an adjacent tile if not, a Quadrant if none of the adjacent tiles are eligible either. There are three eligible adjacent tiles, so, rolling wander: 1. Rolling d4: 1

Secondly, the cycle shortens. The Ravager will dive again next turn.

Turn 9
Movement Phase:
Camp, Cautious, Normal or Reckless and where to? (I assume the Highland mission site, but, just checking.)

I vote for cautious movement to the highland mission site.

Likewise!

And I also vote we do the aid mission with opposite reputation so we can keep our exalted status.

Agreed!

Skills
Cheya rolls Explore and Survival, needing 4, 6. Rolling: 5, 7. Failure, Failure. 3 food consumed.
Akbar rolls Explore and Survival, needing 4, 6. Rolling: 8, 8. Failure, Failure. 0 food consumed thanks to Metabolic.
Orion rolls Explore and Survival, needing 3, 2. Rolling: 6, 3. Failure, Failure. Orion has no food and will starve if not provided 2 (or his Survival roll could be lowered).
Chimminy rolls Explore and Survival, needing 5, 5. Rolling: 2, 3. Success, Success. 2 gold gained.

Circumstance
Rolling 1d6: 2

Do or discard? Ramifications: you could take a bunch of damage (but not die). You could end up placing Remnants if you get the wrong events. You will probably get a bunch of rewards. You could (but don’t have to) go to a new destination.) It will remove the Caravan Master from play permanently instead of being able to hire them again later.

Either way, the new Circumstance is:

Can we see our new tiles?

Proposal:

• Have Chiminy and Akbar donate 1 food each to Orion
  • I’d say we do the caravan and see what happens. Getting double rewards is pretty attractive. And it might be nice to purchase some rations from the master at this point.

Oh, whoops. I forgot that would happen. It’ll be a little while before I have time to generate those but I don’t think it should matter immediately.

Also, I’m not 100% sure thematically you should get to buy stuff but it doesn’t say and it can actually transport you so fuckit.

Happy to donate food. Also keen to go on another Caravan journey.