Playboy launches "Women of Home Depot"

http://money.cnn.com/2004/07/06/news/newsmakers/homedepot_playboy/index.htm?cnn=yes

Playboy.com launched the “Women of Home Depot” pictorial Tuesday, showcasing six of the retailer’s “sexiest” female employees.

Playboy.com said in May it was searching for the sexiest women at Home Depot, the world’s largest home improvement retailer, to “shuck their orange smocks” and pose nude for the online pictorial.

“Playboy is an American icon and I am so excited to have been chosen as one of the models for this feature,” said Rachel Parks, one of the feature’s models. “This has been a once-in-a-lifetime experience.”

Hey, that reminds me! I gotta go pick up some plywood tomorrow!

She gave me wood. So I nailed her.

Is this to replace the ill-fated Women of TechTV?

Did they not go through with it? Or does it have something to do with the fact that Morgan Webb is in July’s Maxim?

The women of home depot peaked at around 8x normal traffic, 1200mbit/sec, while last november’s women of walmart peaked at 1500mbit/sec.

Personally I can’t understand the attraction of these features… the women of south beach sure, but the women of home depot? For some reason otherwise reputable news agencies think this is news and post PEI’s press releases. Maybe it is news, because every messageboard I read had someone post about it. Maybe it’s the whole playboy “girl next door” mystique that does it?

Can “the girls of 7-11” be far behind?

Hmmmm, the Girls of 7/11! “Three hundred pounds of attitude!” :lol:

Clean up on aisle 3?

Are knee-high men’s sweatsocks considered sexy attire now? I mean, big ol’ white sweatsocks are just grand for a game of flag football, but those monstrosities are only two buttons away from being a Lambchop puppet.

[size=2]Back in my day, we wore lacy anklets with high-heeled neon chartreuse pumps, like in ZZ Top videos![/size]

Clean up on aisle 3?[/quote]

hah!

Are knee-high men’s sweatsocks considered sexy attire now? I mean, big ol’ white sweatsocks are just grand for a game of flag football, but those monstrosities are only two buttons away from being a Lambchop puppet.

[size=2]Back in my day, we wore lacy anklets with high-heeled neon chartreuse pumps, like in ZZ Top videos![/size][/quote]

i’d totally do a girl wearing big sweatsocks. as long as she was also thin, hot and wearing extremely skimpy clothes. hey, much like webb!

Oh stop it! You’re making me feel all 13 again.

Those sweat socks are actually Matt Keil’s. Don’t ask what she borrowed from Sessler for that shoot.

I think so, just like Girls of the Big 10, etc.

I like to look at attractive nekkid wimmens who DON’T all look like California strippers with enhancements.

Yeah, but after Playboy’s finished airbrushing their models to plastic perfection, it don’t much matter whether they were real girls next door or not. Have you looked at a Playboy lately? I buy one every now and again when they have a good interview and the pictorials are hideous. They run each pic through so many filters and do so much retouching that the women don’t even look real.

Bring on the Girls of QT3!

Hear that CindySue?

I didn’t know there were any legitimate girls on QT3… =P

Well, at least a couple of them used to be guys (not that there’s anything wrong with that), but hello, there’s SPARKY, uber-talented-artist-definitely-real-girl. And the rarely-posting Karen. And Denice Cook. And though she hasn’t posted in a while, Josie Nutter is definitely a girl…

Josie only read the board when I mentioned that there was something interesting going on. As we’ve been divorced for close to a year now, she hasn’t been around.

Ah… I never realized she was your Sancho Panza…

I’ll need to borrow some of your sweatsocks.