PlayStation 5

Will the batteries last a whole day now?

It’s like a robot head. I don’t care what it looks like if I can get…

This.

I don’t really look at a controller when I play a game. I just want performance.

I don’t think I can go back from the Elite controller’s back buttons. That may end up being the deciding factor on which console I go with.

They’ll probably have a backbutton adapter.

Nice. Back buttons should be standard this next gen!

Who has more than 1 hour per day to play video games?

Exactly. Should be standard.

I wish the controller had wireless charging. Just set it on top of the PS5 and it charges, or use a standard Qi charging pad.

At least the connector will be USB-C.

The new light bar location will be harder to block with a sticker. Let’s hope it’s not too bright.

I’m sure QTE designers are eager to use the new haptic triggers!

Same crappy stick placement and triggers that yet again don’t look quite curved enough. Meh.

…hopefully it continues to feel and play like a PlayStation controller and not like an Xbox controller, just with better battery life than the PS4 version? shrugs

Reminds me of this bad boy:

I loved that design.

Aside from the aesthetic, seems pretty much the same as the current PS4 controller.

I would love for it to feel like an Xbox controller and have better battery life. Mainly the second one, but also the first. Pretty much everything unique about the PS4 controller sucks.

Yeah, the real shocking difference is they eliminated the iconic look of the flat circles that the buttons and d-pad are traditionally centered on. I’ll be interested to see what the haptics and the force feedback on the triggers is like. I had to turn off HD rumble on the Switch because it just made the whole unit buzz loudly in an obnoxious fashion. The mic can have interesting uses. There’s the AI assistant angle, and I wonder if they will use it to calibrate the 3D audio for home theater setups.

It’ll also affect enemy variation, player movement speeds, environmental complexity, view distances, menu fidelity etc. When vast loads of data can be loaded quickly, clever designers can use it in many more ways than just to have “fast loading screens”.

Feel free to disagree, we’ll see how it turns out.

Looks like an “Applefied” Duelshock 4.

I found it so ugly, I threw it away - and it came right back!

So… will the PS5 also be black and white?

I’m all for getting consoles out of basic black and basic white, but black and white mixed this way isn’t exciting.

Is it just verboten to go with actual color on the initial release of a console?