Pokemon Go is all set to make a big comeback with your friends

If you’re like most of the estimated 28 million people that started playing Pokemon Go at launch in July, you stopped playing sometime in November or December of last year. You got busy during the holiday season and the novelty factor of finger-swiping pokeballs at bouncing Pidgeys wore off at that point.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2017/06/19/pokemon-go-set-make-big-comeback-friends/

This is the reminder I needed to finally delete the app!

Huh, wonder if this will be when they finally introduce legendaries. Whether they do or not, this would be a non trivial shift in the game, considering it would actually resemble what those hype trailers showed, with big co-op battles in Times Square being featured, but never remotely close to reality.

It is indeed when they will be adding legendaries in the form of raids.

I still play. Gives me another reason to get out and walk. I have completely avoided gym battles and I can’t tell from the description of the changes if this will entice me to start participating.

Well it was quite the shock for me when I discovered, to my chagrin, that all 7 of mine were dumped from their gyms. Which is rather annoying as taking a gym back usually involves taking out multiple 2500+ Blissey’s and… shudder

But as someone who just plays while running, and not in a group, I wonder if this stuff is of any use to those of us not in major public areas. Like, most of the stops and gyms by me are in low foot traffic forest preserve areas, not like I’m going to randomly see 6 other people to do a raid.

I haven’t played much lately, but I’m looking forward to this. We have a really awesome area in the park near the Reading Museum that is great for Pokemon Go and it’s got plenty of places for these new co-op battles to play out. I’ll be participating.

Next gen monsters starting during the Halloween event.

Gastly, Drowzee, Cubone, and other spooky Pokémon are back again this Halloween, and this time, they’re bringing some special friends! Sableye, Banette, and a few other Ghost-type Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region will be making their first-ever appearance in Pokémon GO. The rest of the Pokémon first seen in the Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire video games will gradually arrive starting as early as December! We hope Trainers enjoy this special Halloween treat. The Halloween celebration will start on October 20 at 12:00 P.M. PDT and run until November 2 at 1:00 P.M. PDT.