Political Scandal-O-Rama

Oooh! I shall lay my ear upon the ground and alert you all when the conservatives decry this behavior!

I’m coming around to the Armando view of fuck everything and murder people, because it sure as hell is starting to feel like laws don’t fucking matter.

I’m starting to think things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.

Civil war. It’s coming!

Twelve hours have passed, my friends, but do not believe for a second that I have shirked my duty. My ear remains to the ground, and I shall be the first to report any news of conservatives raising a ruckus!

The key thing to remember is that they’re really barely people by any reasonable definition!

Time to subscribe!

https://www.reddit.com/r/liberalgunowners/

Come see me, I have spares, and beer.

How sweet. You think things will get better. ;-)

Way ahead of you.

A relatively minor scandal that probably would be getting a lot more play if not for the circus that is the Trump administration sucking up all the media oxygen.

Briefly, Congressman Tim Murphy (R-PA) had an affair with a woman literally half his age (he’s 64, she’s 32), which either caused or accelerated her divorce from her husband.

Other than the age difference there’s not too much to the story, but the jilted ex-husband seems fairly bitter about the whole thing and seems determined to drag the congressman’s career down with his marriage. Although his ex-wife and the congressman have already admitted to “marital misconduct”, the husband is seeking to depose Murphy and have the dates of their trysts as well as the transcripts of their text message communications entered into evidence… which of course would be public record.

Good. Affairs are a sign of poor judgement and poor character, and people have a right to know if it involves their government.

I disagree. Crossing a busy street without waiting for the signal is poor judgment and tipping badly or not at all is poor character but I don’t give a damn if politicians do either of those either.

Cheating on your spouse is often more about circumstances than morals or willpower.

But being 64 and having a physical relationship with a 32 year old is either poor judgement or optimism bordering on foolhardiness.

Tipping badly is far worse then cheating on your spouse, and a firing squad is in order in that case. Then again, tipping is horrible, and people in favor of it should likewise be shot. Cheaters just don’t get my vote.

Although, I guess it more depends on the opponent. I mean, I will take a adulterer over a Nazi, or someone in favor of dismantling the national safety net.

Someday we in America will luxuriate in these fairy-tale choices.

Look on the bright side. She’s not an underage boy, so for congress that’s actually an improvement on the past.

I wonder why Ted Cruz is trending on Twitter?

Oh.

That stayed “liked” overnight. EDIT: only for a half hour or so, apparently. Still.

Imagining his PR team right now is like an episode of Veep.

I don’t get it. Is “Sexuall Posts” a lobbyist or something?