POLL: Halo3 at Launch or later?

When do you plan on getting it or are you interested at all.

Where’s the option for “if I ever get around to finishing the revolting mess which is Halo 2, I might think about picking up Halo 3”?

I guess I figured that if you never finished Halo or Halo 2 and all you cared about was single player that you would choose either “later if I hear good things” or “never.”

I have it on preorder but with slow shipping, since I probably won’t get my replacement 360 for a little while yet. And I’m still working on Halo 2…

So what if my reading comprehension sucks you INCONSIDERATE ASSHOLE!

That being said, I heard the moderately more expensive version comes with a DVD that has all the cutscenes of the previous story bits from the first two games. Is this true? If so I might just pick it up. Assuming the game actually runs at a decent framerate and doesn’t look like ass.

edit: Never said I wasn’t a consumer whore. Plus I really liked Halo 1. It’d be nice if Halo 3 made up for how crappy Halo 2 was.

Better to get in on the ground floor so you can keep up with the learning curve. If you wait 6 mos, the only people playing online will be the super-hardcore and you’ll never be able to hang. It’s like trying to play the original Counter-Strike now.

Halo 3? Oh yeah. That little console shooter. I played it, when it was called Quake 2 in 1997.

Now if the Mortyr franchise were to hit the XBox 360s, that would be something special.

Fuck you for insulting Quake 2! :)

Where’s the option for “I’m about to start playing it in like 5 minutes?”

The only games I play online are online-only games. There has yet to be an exception to this that doesn’t fit in the mold of “tried it once or twice because I was curious”.

I’ll try and get it release day.

Uh…

Woah.

Have you ever played Halo 2? There are still noobs on that, so careful about the 6 month comment.

And I plan on picking it up Tuesday at Noon, so that I don’t have to deal with the ultra-nerds at midnight…

And I don’t know if the busses run till 1, around here.

I wasn’t really interested in this - I played Halo on my Mac, and thought it was okay, and never played Halo 2 - but the multiplayer options for Halo 3 look pretty tasty. I might pick it up if the word of mouth is good.

The fact that you can easily edit the locations of flags on the various maps for CTF, Territories and whatever the other ones are called is pretty darn awesome.

I dunno. I picked waiting on reviews, because it’s not a game I’ll rush out and buy, but it’s probably a game I’ll get suckered into buying via friends or the orgasmic anecdotes about online play.

Single-player I’d (I’ll?) only play for the achievements.

Where’s the option for “I’ll play Halo 3 when I can use a mouse?”

Unfortunately, I’m away on business during the launch.

I’ll get it a few days later when I get back.

Amazon shipped my Cat Helmet edition. Won’t go out until Monday, though. Even though I’m a Prime member (automatic free 2-day shipping, which is usually free overnight since the Nevada distribution center is only four hours away), the Amazon email said three-day shipping. WTF?

I’d call them and get that straightened out.

I’m not too into shooters, so it needs to be game of the year or close before I think about bothering.