Poor Romero

I stand by it, the Kickstarter was fine. They failed in executing those promises.

I hope Tim Cain at least produces something memorable working for Obsidian.

And here it is, it’s a free new episode for Doom

I wouldn’t be against paying for something like that. But the problem is, it looks like a competent wad circa ~1995. The level has increased so much in the Doom scene in the last two decades. The minimum for a project in where I would give money would be something like Deus Vult II or Ancient Aliens.

I just want a copy of the Alien wad.

So there’s going to be a few limited edition boxed versions that have some DOOM bling in them. Not sure how he can do this and not get sued by Bethesda.

What Doom bling?

A beautiful demonic over-sized box, inspired by the id Anthology™ box, individually numbered and signed personally by John Romero and featuring the artwork of Christopher Lovell.

A 16GB 3-1/2-inch floppy disk-themed USB that includes the free megawad data and extras.

A 2-disc booklet styled case that includes the free megawad data and full soundtrack by Buckethead and behind-the-scenes information on the original game and the megawad’s development.

A beautiful 8" x 10" art print signed by the illustrator, Christopher Lovell.

A SIGIL-themed coin.

A pewter statue of John Romero’s head on a spike.

An XL-sized SIGIL T-shirt.

2 stickers: 1 SIGIL and 1 Romero Games.

WARNING: This item is limited to TWO per customer.

I wish Buckethead would play with a gosh darned pick. ヽ༼ ಠ益ಠ ༽ノ

The finger picking for the power chords sounds awful 90% of the time. (Same thing with the Dire Straits.)

I think it’s pretty cool. Will be worth the price (free) for sure.

Shacknews has a very thorough article about the making of Romero’s still-unreleased Sigil episode.