President Trump Optimism thread

Skittles are the refugees of candy.

The red one shows an S.

Also Red Velvet is a chocolate cake… with dye.

Could I substitute M&Ms?

I have had several Trumpsters tell me that they really don’t expect Trump to do many of the things he talked about, like building the wall. They just didn’t want Hillary. They believe the GOP will temper the crazy stuff Trump might do. Of course there would be nobody to temper the crazy stuff the GOP might do.

I don’t give a shit what candy she likes - fuck her for voting for him.

Typical…She benefited from PP but once she had the means, she didn’t care to believe he’d actually defund it.

But what if there actually was one or two that you found abhorrent, but Trump’s were worse? What if the person running against Trump was promising to defund NASA and back away from our alliance with Israel in favor of formal alliances with Saudi Arabia and Iran (and, for the sake of this argument, you believe those would be big mistakes but that the person planning them was otherwise sane, believed in the constitution, and planned to work for equality and against racism, while Trump was still the same Trump)?

I mean, is the problem simply the phrasing? Would she be less dumb if she had said, “I voted for him because of X, Y, Z, but I can’t support this particular policy” instead of the more forceful statement that “I didn’t vote to send him to the White House so he could…”? Or is the actual problem simply that she voted for Trump and regardless of what else she says that makes her dumb and naive and we hate her?

Then I guess I would have had a harder choice.

But even there, it would have a statement. I’d have to say what things she suggested she was going to do, which I found WORSE than what Trump said he was going to do.

But I’m not seeing that from the Trump supporters, beyond “She was Killary!” Or just saying that they didn’t think he’d really do what he said he’d do.

The reality is, I think that the Trump supporters simply don’t find Trump’s policy suggestions to be morally abhorrent. They think it’s fine to oppress muslims, or expand government and round people up for deportation without trial. Or any of the other mountain of things he said he’d do.

Maybe they themselves wouldn’t do those things… but they don’t care if someone else does. They do not value the victims of those things as human beings to the degree that they are willing to come to their defense.

She would be lying. Because she DID support that policy when she voted for him.

From the irony desk : Abortion rates are lower now than they were pre-Roe v. Wade.

A big part of the reason there are fewer abortions now than ever before is because of the healthcare services and education Planned Parenthood provides to low-income and at-risk women, women who were more likely to have sought an abortion before Planned Parenthood.

Defunding Planned Parenthood will actually increase the amount of women who end up seeking abortions, legal or otherwise. Just one more example of how so many people in the country can’t see the forest through the trees.

If it wasn’t for Planned Parenthood (we used to call it “The Clinic”), my high school pregnancy (and likely abortion) rate would have been through the roof.

I grew up in a lower income suburb of Omaha. It was a popular place for lower ranking Air Force families to set up shop; close to Offutt AFB, nice yards, cheap starter homes. When the Air Force members left the service, they tended to stay in the area since it was hard to find comparable housing for a competitive price. Basically, it meant that the majority of LaVista was lower-middle class when I was growing up. In the early 90’s, when I was in High School, most of the girls couldn’t afford birth control pills. It became a rite of passage for girls to go to “The Clinic” to get “The Pill”. It was encouraged heavily by our school councilors and Freshman health class. Boys were encouraged to hit up PP for condoms, but the cost wasn’t nearly as prohibitive compared to the pills so we tended to hit the pharmacy (which, at the time, was the only place selling them).

Just a random anecdote brought to mind by @SlainteMhath 's comments about defunding PP leading to more abortions. For my old neighborhood in the 90’s, it definitely would have been the case.

Why do I have a feeling that this lawsuit (and others like it) aren’t going to go anywhere in the Trump administration?

Oracle sued by Labor Department for paying white men more

In which case you vote for Dems for Congress, not for the same fucking party.

I did it back in my 20’s with Clinton when I was a die-hard Republican. Dole said some shit I couldn’t rubber stamp, so I voted for Clinton and then all GOP for Congress to counter him. You don’t vote for the guy you don’t like and then vote him a rubber stamp from his own party, that’s just stupidity. He’s the leader of the fucking party expecting them to be a counter weight is idiotic.

Is Trump rewriting all our laws now? Or are you saying the Labor Department is just going to be gutted which is… somehow an optimistic thing?

In a less nice headline: http://gizmodo.com/idiot-tasked-with-maintaining-americas-nukes-surprised-1791360449

I can’t believe these dumb fucks are running the show.

Why? We knew they were dumb fucks all along. We knew if Trump became President, he would probably be our last President. He would ruin fucking everything.

We knew it all along.

No. My rage builds daily for the 62 million ignorant fucksticks who voted for a racist, sexist, narcissistic, fascist moron.

Because emails.

Well they’ll all have their lives fucked up too, and can meet their maker knowing what they did.

They’ll have a hell of a time telling Saint Peter that he’s a cuck.

So the President is appointing, and Congress likely to confirm, people who either don’t know anything about the departments they are about to run, or don’t even know what the department’s function is. Can I get some of that job-application karma?

If it wasn’t emails it would have been Benghazi, if not that, something else. They just tacked toward whatever stuck and focused on that. Trump’s supporters, unified in their hysterical hatred of a woman who as far as I can tell has never been more or less than a middle-of-the-road, centrist mainstream politician, would have gone with any excuse to justify their bizarre and irrational bugaboo.

The sad thing about ‘emails’ as the focus is that it empowered Comey to throw that 11th-hour wrench into the proceedings. However, it remains the case that this election’s even being remotely close is a lasting and probably indelible stain on the American electorate.

Because they paid for the nominations for the most part.

You can literally buy your way into power under Trump. Used to be you had to kind of sneak under the radar and have some sort of competence in the field, now you can just basically open your check book while waving to everyone and it’s fine.

American democracy is literally for sale and evidently it’s not even that expensive.

No, we’ve covered this. We’ve Monday-morning-quarterbacked enough. There were a 1000 things Hillary could have done differently, but ultimately it comes down to Comey and his bullshit, “Hold on! We found more emails!” letter.

THAT is primarily why we’re about to swear in Emperor Trump. Without Comey, those 72,000 fucksticks don’t vote for a fascist.

Edit - Ok, I see you mostly agree. But if Hillary wins by 2 electoral votes (and 3 million people votes) then we still avoid Armageddon and have stupid debates over whether Hillary really has a mandate and who she can get confirmed. We still have NATO, we still have nuclear disarmament, etc.