Prey to be Digitally Distributed

Where exactly does it say you’ll HAVE to have an online connection to play Prey ? True, if they go that way, it would be the dumbest move. But for the moment, it sounts just like another way of distributing the game, and nothing indicates there won’t be a boxed version in the stores.

Remember those boxed versions of HL2? Remember how you couldn’t play them until you went online to activate? THAT’s what I’m against. I don’t know if Prey will be like that but IF it is, I won’t waste my time or money on it. I guess the idea that all your customers are basically thieves is annoying to those of us who aren’t.

Then we totally agree…

Quote from George Broussard on the 3DR boards :

The game will be in boxes in stores. Always.

Judge xStream when you try it, not before I’ve seen Doom 3 download for 6-7 minutes and be available for play as the rest streams in the background. It’s pretty neat

No word yet on online activation. The good thing is, though, we’ll be able to play it very rapidly, even if the download is incomplete because of its streaming technology.

Wow I hope that everyone jumps on board and I can have 15 different digital distribution programs all running at once!!!

Why would you run them all at once?

Judge xStream when you try it, not before I’ve seen Doom 3 download for 6-7 minutes and be available for play as the rest streams in the background. It’s pretty neat

Hell, maybe someone at Valve will try that program and actually implement streaming into Steam so it’s not a completely worthless program.

Because I’m a casual computer user and I don’t really notice that they are setting themselves to run automatically when Windows starts, of course.

Yeah! I mean, it’s like they’re only catering to the elite online PC gaming minority here. Every time I install a game, I ritualistically test its mettle by jerking the cable out of the wall and screaming to the game "NOW show me what you’ve got, BITCH!"

But these Valve fucks…Just who the fuck do they think they are?!

Steam does that. You can start playing HL2 long before it’s finished downloading, and it fetches updates and stuff in the background while you play.

Yeah! I mean, it’s like they’re only catering to the elite online PC gaming minority here. Every time I install a game, I ritualistically test its mettle by jerking the cable out of the wall and screaming to the game "NOW show me what you’ve got, BITCH!"

But these Valve fucks…Just who the fuck do they think they are?![/quote]

:roll: I really don’t give a shit WHO they are, or think they are.