Pro Evo 2018. Up The Villa! err...West Midlands Village!

God DAMN this is a great game. I mean it feels like real soccer, ramp up the difficulty level and each game becomes a story of individual battles around the pitch. Play in the legend mode (career mode) where you play a single player and you feel the dissapointment of your team mates when you mess up, take quiet satisfaction in your part of a team goal.

So very satisfying when you score, which incidentally is very hard to do with a wonder shot, you really have to work on making space for yourself and positioning . Very very good.

I even find the fantasy names rather entertaining.

Note - I am playing the PS4 version and cannot vouch for PC.

That sounds similar to what FIFA are doing with their career mode since a couple of years now. It kind of makes me wish I was still playing these games. Or had time to check them out. The last one I played extensively was FIFA World Cup 2006.

I think the Pro Evo career mode is closer to, say, Road To The Show in MLB than it is to FIFA’s career mode, which is heavily scripted and time limited. Personally I prefer the dynamic approach.

Yeah, I should note the whole game feels… well very indie when you put it next to a polished game like FIFA. The gameplay is superb but the UI work looks like it was belted out by a programmer over a long weekend. Pretty rough and ready. Functional though.

Konami seems content to let the presentation lag way behind while focusing on the core game. I think it’s hard to compete in 2017 when you do that, though. I think they’d be surprised by the response from customers if they invested in that side of things for a season.

Agreed. The little swishes and polish really do count , particularly when the market leader just nails that aspect every year.

Does FIFA still nail the music? I remember I was completely seduced into buying FIFA: Road to World Cup 98 because the menu music was Blur’s Song 2, which is so perfect to get you in the mood to play some Football.

And then FIFA World Cup 98 had Chumbawamba’s Tubthumping as the theme song, which was great too.

FIFA 2001’s main theme was Bodyrock by Moby, which was also really good for a FIFA song.

Probably. Both PES & FIFA do the indie rock thing. Fifa can afford better bands. I always turn it off on boot in both games. That genre is just not to my taste.

Giggle. So Leeds (the real football team) got a new badge Which as you can see is errr… interesting

So my club (Aston Villa) posted today this as an advert for our upcoming match against Leeds :)

They backed down pretty quick!

probably wise. :)