Project Cars 3: top ten reasons I didn't get a better lap time today

Title Project Cars 3: top ten reasons I didn't get a better lap time today
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Game diaries
When February 4, 2021

Today's daily event was a lap around Donington Park, which is a real-world track in Leicestershire, England.  The track is named after a nearby castle, which I probably climbed around on while playing Assassin's Creed: Valhalla.  The car is called a Caterham..

Read the full article

Man I wish I had the time to do all those attempts. I just usually do one and call it if I succeed at not going off the track. Those mirrors today were MADDENING.

Donington Park is one of my favourite tracks to drive and to visit. I was there in 1993 when Ayrton Senna made his “lap of the Gods”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pktF3wJKfxo

Well, I could drive a Lap of the Gods too if I had that car! Instead, I had to drive a crappy British go-kart with slip-n-slide tires.

-Tom

Hey now. Caterhams are wonderful things. There are about four or five different versions and they’re readily available to rent for track days in the UK. The lowest power offering is a lot of fun and with the open cockpit it feels fast enough to be exciting while still making you feel in control and like a boss.

The power to weight ratio of the top line one is a whole other thing though compared to the baby version. I might struggle to get that one out of the pits without spinning it.

Today’s daily is a racing Caterham (GT C class, I think). I have a road Caterham that I ran around Willow Springs a few times after doing Doningham Park this morning. It is a wily little thing. And you’re right about the open cockpit. Willow Springs is so wide-open, and the Caterham is the perfect car to enjoy it.

So they’re basically kit cars? You buy the parts and build them yourself? That’s the weirdest thing to me. What kind of cheapskate car manufacturer makes you put the actual car together? Do they not have a factory or something? Pfft.

-Tom

I started using ‘Helmet View’ yesterday, and I’ve grown to really like it. I didn’t get a better lap time because I’m not particularly good, not due to helmet view.

Yeah I actually love the helmet view.

It’s the most subtle and useful form of that sort of effect I’ve seen in a racing game.

1,000% agreed.

Raucous. Pure. Unapologetic.

Wow. I need to plaster that across the top of my resume.