PS3 pre-ordering

For those, like me, who have learned their lesson about pre-ordering SUPER EARLY from the X360 clusterfuck:

I checked in with EB last week and they said that they would be starting to take pre-orders on the PS3 probably sometime in Feb. I imagine that the demand for the PS3 is going to be even higher than with the X360 and at this point have no faith left in any console manufacturer’s ability to meet launch-day demand. I will be ordering this sucker EARLY.

haha yea… gonna actually preorder this time. Though that didn’t guarantee a 360!

Exactly.

Well it should if you get in early enough. I’d want to know that I’m in the first ten to pre-order at any particular store before I place my order there.

Is there any sense in pre-ordering at different stores all over town in order to increase your chances that at least one of them will bear fruit?

Is there any sense in pre-ordering at different stores all over town in order to increase your chances that at least one of them will bear fruit?

You could do that if you dont like your money very much. 50 bucks a pop is a bit much IMHO to drop on a preorder thats nearly a year away.

I am pre-ordering an Xbox 720 and PS4 just to be safe!

Oh I’ve never pre-ordered before so I don’t know how much you have to put down, or if it’s refundable.

Well its always refundable no matter what they say ( some stores try to pull that shit ) but every store I have done it at it has been 50 bucks. It was 50 for the psp and they also wanted 50 for the 360. I really do think thats a bit much to be throwing down for a system preorder but hey it works for them I guess.

Really if you are planning on doing it just go to your fav Gamestop or EB and throw it down as soon as you can.

I’m pre-ordering a PS9, because I can’t hardly wait to get that console up my nose!

I’m pre-ordering a PS9, because I can’t hardly wait to get that console up my nose![/quote]
Wasn’t the PS9 some kind of holographic snow-globe type thing? I remember the TV ad quite well.

At the EB I preordered my 360 from (and didn’t get) they already have a preorder list for the ps3. I was joking when they pulled it out and showed me.

I’m pre-ordering a PS9, because I can’t hardly wait to get that console up my nose![/quote]

I’m going crazy just trying to work out what this means.

Is this a joke about how the PS9 will be highly miniaturized?

Is it not a joke, but in fact a serious hazard of this level of miniaturization, like choking?

Will the PS9 be a tiny device that interfaces DIRECTLY WITH YOUR FUCKING BRAIN in order to give you trip-like game experiences that are often indistinguishable from reality?

Or will it simply include a cleverly hidden secret compartment for cocaine?

Xbox 720!? Don’t be foolish!

Isn’t it obvious that MS is naming the Xbox in relation to the PS2 Controller buttons?

We got X and O down, so Square and Triangle are next :)

I suspect we’ll hit Xbox R2 sometime around 2020

It’s a reference to this.

It’s a reference to this.[/quote]

I’ll take one! All you guys chasing after the 360 are chumps and suckers. I’ll be laughing at you when I’m rocking out with my personalized telepathic music.

Do you guys think there will be a PS3 shortage? Cause then I need to preorder one…or ten… . :D

Are we going to have to line up outside EB three days in advance just to put down a preorder for the PS3?

I am going to pre-order a PS3 and then sell the ticket on eBay for fifty squillion dollars.

The smart gamers have already hired bums and college students to wait in line for them, starting . . . . now.