PSP. Just for games?

I’ve been thinking about buying a PSP. But the $250 price tag has kept me at arm’s length. I understand you can do other things with the machine. What, besides games, do you guys use your PSP for?

These days I’m busy enough that I don’t really have time for games, so I’ve loaded up my mem card with about 10 CDs (512 MB card) and use it as an MP3 player. When I had a bit more time I’d convert videos to watch too, but that’s a bit slow, and I’ve been using my bus ride to catch up on some background reading for my dissertation.

It’s a bit bulky as an MP3 player, but occasionally I need a break at work from writing and it’s nice to have a real game there when that happens.

It was also pretty cool to have it with me for travel for movie watching and the like.

And, of course, for games.

I use mine primarily for watching videos in the gym. (And letting my son watch movies on long road trips.) Play games on it occasionally as well. ;-)

For the past few weeks, I’ve used mine almost exclusively for Hot Shots Golf, which isn’t a game so much as a lifestyle choice.

-Tom

Man, if I had known that last week I would have busted out my PSP and kicked your ass.

Man, if I had known that last week I would have busted out my PSP and kicked your ass.

Whitta, it so would have been on. I had my PSP in my manpurse over to one side of the patio.

-Tom

P.S. I’m not that good at Hot Shots Golf (I’ve only gotten as far as unlocking the old man and the second course). But I can trash talk with the best of 'em.

My trash-talking technique is unstoppable.

Seriously, they should just go ahead and name the sequel: “Hot Shots Golf 2: Reign of Whitta”.