Qt3 Classic Game Club: Martian Dreams

Title Qt3 Classic Game Club: Martian Dreams
Author Nightgaunt
Posted in Features
When July 2, 2014

[Editor's note: Every two weeks, we'll pick a classic game to play and discuss. Then the choice of the next game will be made by a randomly selected participant from the current discussion. It's like a book club, but with videogames. We'd love to have you join us..

Read the full article

I really liked this game engine although the combat wasn't the best. Played Ultima VI and Savage Empire. I loathed Ultima VII in comparison.

This has been on my pile of shame since before there were piles of shame. I might join in if I can finish Dark Forces 2 some day.

I have this and Savage Empire, but played neither yet. How does the UI hold up these days?

It holds up... okay? That's once you kinda figure out how to approach it, because it has one foot in the keyboard-only era and the other in the mouse-driven one. That means you can do just about everything with one or the other. Personally, I end up using the keyboard for everything (moving, interacting, talking) but some of the inventory management.

Thanks for the heads up; I would much rather use the keyboard for 99% of the stuff when it comes to this era (I take the same approach whenever I replay the old SSI Gold Box games). I'll fire it up this weekend!

It is a real shame that the third in the Worlds of Ultima series never came out. =/

Played all the Ultimas till online, but never got this one...Will have to check it out, love The Martian Chronicles....

I still love Pool of Radiance and its sequels, that felt like playing D&D and was and still is, a blast to adventure in....