Qt3 Games Podcast: Diablo III fest

Title Qt3 Games Podcast: Diablo III fest
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Games podcasts
When May 18, 2012

You know, Diablo III isn't the only game in the world. But you'd never know that by listening to this week's podcast..

Read the full article

Another good podcast guys, I listened to it while I played Din's Curse. I'd be interested to hear your comparison of the games. I haven't played any Diablo and can't afford to pick up Diablo 3 now.
I learned about K-holes from a little show called Strangers with Candy.

what a great show

Let's just note for the record that this is the podcast where Tom and Jason go off the deep end and actually compare the difficulty of Diablo 3 to the "Souls" franchise. Come back to us, gentlemen! :)

Regarding Hardcore mode, I've also learned to watch my ping meter as well. Mine jumped up to 400ms at one point the other night during prime time so I logged out my HC character. 400ms is enough time to die and find out later.

Spot on comments regarding the beta/starter edition. I feel that if they had included Act II it would have served them better because around level 20 you really begin to discover how much depth there is in the skill system.

D3 has similar gameplay to Din's Curse (or vice versa), but D3 looks and plays a lot more expensive. It's also polished to the nth degree, and the online party play is pretty amazing. You can always pick up Diablo 2 for cheap to try it out. The graphics hurt on a big monitor, but even with all the stuff they have changed for the new game (mostly for the better IMO), D3 'feels' a lot like D2 to me.

Holy cats! Thanks for mentioning the elective mode - I never noticed that!

I take issue with the idea that Blizzard knows connectivity, considering I (and many other folks) get booted regulary with either an error 3007 or a message about being removed from the game.

And their recommended solutions include putting your PC in your router DMZ... on top of their only supporting the game when run from an admin account. They apparently are stuck in the 90s.

I've set my network up for port triggering in the router which seems to work pretty well for that and xbox live.

I'm more amused than anything, as there's this obscure game by an unknown developer that works just fine. It's called World of Warcraft.

Well, hah, there IS that

"You're probably sick of listening to folks talk about Diablo. You're in the right place." I was beginning to wonder half-way into the podcast if they'd ever get back on track. I'm glad they didn't as I'm certainly not sick of listening to folks talk about Diablo.

In the North we used to call it “ding-dong ditching.”