Qt3 Games Podcast: from Seoul with love

Title Qt3 Games Podcast: from Seoul with love
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Games podcasts
When March 2, 2016

Chick and McMaster discuss Korean (South) MMO Black Desert Online, Pillars of Eternity, and Superhot. A completely different McMaster makes an appearance to tell us about The Long Dark..

Read the full article

On iTunes the title of the podcast (not the individual episode) is now called Games.

blah! I did a bunch of work on it today. Forgot to reset title. changing it now

There actually is a North Korean Kpop group - the The Wang Je San Light Music Band https://youtu.be/XF3tOpYucyk

Tom, what got you playing Black Desert Online in the first place?

Jason, could your podcast feed updates have affected the website's RSS? I've been successfully using a particular feed URL for a while now, but this week my podcast app started treating it as a standard news feed rather than a feed that contains MP3s.

Feed URL:
http://www.quartertothree.com/...

Probably! Let me get you a good feed and fix the site.

Yeah, just looking at that, I totally blasted that feed into next week :( This one should work well - http://www.quartertothree.com/...

The good: the updated feed is once again serving MP3s!

The bad: the podcast picture has been replaced with a PowerPress logo. :P

Korean MMOs have always been about the deep grind.

Pillars of Eternity is a very different game than it was at release. There have been a ton of improvements to the game, including UI tweaks to make combat easier to parse, some big balance passes and tweaks and changes to skills and abilities. The combat feels overall just much better.

The Stronghold has been fleshed out, with its own quest line and the quests your companions at the Stronghold can go on now have their own stories and unique item rewards, as well as supplicants who come to your keep and allow you to make decisions on whether to help them or not, or how you will handle them.

The White March also really makes you think a little more in the combat, as there are tougher encounters and some will force you to change up your tactics, which in the base game you rarely had to change.

Pillars of Eternity is definitely a better game since the 3.0 patch and full White March release. I don't know how to quantify it but personally if 1.0 was a 7/10 then the game as it stands now would be a 9/10.

I know they've expressed interest in a Pillars 2 but I fear we may have to wait for a while on that.

Yeah, Apple started requiring a ludicrously sized image and we haven't found a good one yet. It's like really, really huge.

I agree 100%. Pillars is a lot different and better. I personally love the bejesus out of it. The White March parts are much more difficult.

I considered mentioning Runescape, Lineage, etc because of that.

Curiosity more than anything else.

But also as an avoidance tactic. Because if I boot up Guild Wars 2 again, I will probably play it to the exclusion of all else for at least a few weeks. :)

Same here. (a) I blame Trump, or (b) Trump will fix it!

Oh yeah, I was steamrolling the main game on hard, but I've had a lot of trouble with some of the encounters in the White March, especially those damn Lagufaeth.

Now I'm just patiently waiting for them to announce a Kickstarter for Pillars of Eternity 2. That has to happen sometime soon, right? Right?!

Can @tomchick and @Jason_McMaster update us on the K-Pop scene in their next podcast?