Qt3 Games Podcast: Outer Worlds, Modern Warfare, Indivisible

Title Qt3 Games Podcast: Outer Worlds, Modern Warfare, Indivisible
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Games podcasts
When November 8, 2019

Can Jason McMaster explain the baby soon to be on his doorstep? Can we get Nick Diamon to call something "visually stunning"? What is Tom Chick's deal with Bolo Santosi?

Outer Worlds at 7:34, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare at 22:57, and Indivisible at 36:53…

Read the full article

Best podcast ever? I’ll find out tonight on the way home!

The tension is unbearable!

I listened to the outer worlds part and I have to say – not one criticism anyone makes is why I quit. I mean the endless looting? The never ending useless combat? Having TONS of loot at all time? I think Tom never made it that far into the game to see the vacuous nature of the game. Plus Tom mentions the survival mode – it is nothing like Fallout 4 survival mode. I thought it was a good point that he mentioned that it didn’t really fit a sci fi game.

JM? I dunno Ill ask him soon if he kept playing.

lol good writing…

Tom, the way you describe Indivisible is that it’s Valkyrie Profile with real time combat.

Indivisible looked great on tonight’s Qt3 stream. Great outfits, cute hats, jumping.

Is Irreversible better than Disco Elysium?

Irreversible isn’t a game. At least I don’t think it is. :P

Great podcast as always, and McMaster spot on with his talking points of how good The Outer Worlds is.

Hear that @KristiGaines , its really good!

Irreversible is a much more accurate game than Hostile.

I came to Fallout 2 late and it took me 3-4 tries to create a decent long term character build because it didn’t give many hints to what you needed either. Just enough strength to get through the tutorial mission and then perception for the rest. I know Outer Worlds is held to a different standard 20 years later but maybe they were trying to cater to the people who love the mystery of obtuse mechanics. At least I’m glad to hear Tom enjoyed (or remembers enjoying) Fallout New Vegas even after the hat bug. One of my favorite games ever.

Also McMaster, when you were mentioning Obsidian’s Fallout veterans why didn’t you remember the best named video game designer ever?
Feargus Urquhart

Depends on how much of a stickler you are for proper fire extinguisher use.

I am not sure just because JM thinks a game is good that its good.

Though gree that is a strong argument.

Outer Worlds is not good to me, however. It is not all there. And btw I know Fallout :NV – this game (outer worlds) is NOT Fallout: NV.

BTW when you see Scott Lufkin give a game a minus that is a sign. Guy hardly see’s a game he doesn’t like.

Lol sry Scott gave it a B+.

Endless looting and trash mobs are common in every Bethesda game and it isn’t enough to write off the game in my book.

The combat feels better than any gamebryo game but I agree Normal is far too easy. So much so I think it should be called easy, and hard should be renamed normal, make easy trivial or something, in other words their difficulty settings need some tweaking.